Slight problem, please advise.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Callawave

AKAW!!
Reaction score
I’ve noticed a few small brownish-yellow spots on 3 or 4 leaves which according to my ‘bible’ looks like a magnesium deficiency.
It recommends misting with Epsom salts at two teaspoons per gallons of water.
I don’t want the problem to escalate as the grow progresses, :cry: so any advise would be appreciated.
Cheers.

07-11-09.jpg

pH.jpg

EC.jpg

Callawave said:
I’ve noticed a few small brownish-yellow spots on 3 or 4 leaves which according to my ‘bible’ looks like a magnesium deficiency.
It recommends misting with Epsom salts at two teaspoons per gallons of water.
I don’t want the problem to escalate as the grow progresses, :cry: so any advise would be appreciated.
Cheers.

Is this hydro?
What nutes are you using and how strong?
How big are your plants?

Growdude said:
Is this hydro?
What nutes are you using and how strong?
How big are your plants?
Plants are just over a month old and about a foot tall.
Yes its hydro and my pH is 5.9 with Canna A-B Aqua-Vega nutes at EC 1.3.
I’m misting with neat RO water. Would that have any adverse effects?
Thanks for troubling guys :D

Hello Callawave :)

When was the PH tester last calibrated?

:peace:

HippyInEngland said:
Hello Callawave :)

When was the PH tester last calibrated?

Thursday. I calibrate pH & EC meters weekly.

You say you are misting the plants, are you doing this while the light is on?

It may be something simple like a water droplet magnifying your light and burning the leaf.

Your PH is within tolerance so you shouldnt be getting any deficiences.

HippyInEngland said:

It may be something simple like a water droplet magnifying your light and burning the leaf.:peace:
Last misting is about three hours before lights out. So they don't sit wet during down-time.
You could be right about light magnification though. That's a good catch.
Is misting nessesary? It's just something I thought they liked. Keeps the dust from clogging pores etc. :eek:

In hydro, I like to start my pH off a bit lower, like about 5.3 or 5.5 and let it climb to about 5.8-6 to ensure uptake of all nutrients. Here is a link to pH and its relationship to nutrient uptake. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1908

I do not believe there is any benefit to misting your plants with water (unless they are unrooted clones). If you have proper air movement, you are not going to get dust settling on your plants.

The Hemp Goddess said:
In hydro, I like to start my pH off a bit lower, like about 5.3 or 5.5 and let it climb to about 5.8-6 to ensure uptake of all nutrients. Here is a link to pH and its relationship to nutrient uptake. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1908

I do not believe there is any benefit to misting your plants with water (unless they are unrooted clones). If you have proper air movement, you are not going to get dust settling on your plants.
I generally keep it at about 5.6. And I'll stop the misting just in case.
How come I'm not seeing the "thanks" button anymore?
So thanks Goddess :D

HippyInEngland said:
It may be something simple like a water droplet magnifying your light and burning the leaf. :peace:
Hey Hippy! I don’t want to celebrate too early, but I stopped misting and raised the lamp six inches and guess what? Not a single additional brown spot today. :clap:
I think you were right about the droplets magnifying bulb heat. Ace bit of diagnosis mate. :cool2:
Cheers to Growdude and Goddess also.
I’ve lowered the pH to 5.4 Goddess, and thanks for the link.
Sure I’ll be picking your brains again soon. :confused:

Latest posts

Back