Slow flowering Question????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zman18

Reaction score
17 seedlings
5 males 3 hermies 9 females

In soil using fish emulsion and organic pure blend bloom formula,

under two T12 4ft floros. warm and cool tubes. thats two bulbs per strip.
lights are as close as they can be.

at 3 1/2 weeks into flower.

I know these lights are not ideal but its all I got. Wondering if there are any organic liquid nutes that will help fill them out... Just seems slow in the female growth. Want to finish by May 23. thanks -z

Doesn't matter when u want them to finish, they will finish when "they" are ready. You are not going to have good results with those lights, u will be very disappointed. And what strain are u running to get 3 hermies? U can give them all the nutes u want, but with those floros they will not fill out, need more lumens. Take what u learned from this grow, and your next grow, get proper equipment and your next grow will be amazing guaranteed!

Thanks guys...first grow, bagseed. Well what do you guys think about certain "carbo loads" and "voodoo juice" type products....Either way my lights are just not enough? -z

Well u must be stressing your plants out if they are turning hermie on u. Straighten that out first before u do anything. And is that advanced nutes u are talking about? They are supposed to be pretty good (they should be for the price u pay).

I'm assuming you only have 9 plants now? Right?

I would encourage you to spend money on lighting before you spend money on nutes. There are no nutrients that can help inadequate lighting.

And as Crazy Horse said, you need to deal with the hermie issue.

Sounds to me like oyu need slots more light in a space that is holding 9 females. How big are the plants what size are the potters theyre in? how long you been growing these? some info will help us to try and help you get on track if your even off it :D

I tried some LST but I think I took it too far and thats what stressed out the three females...my grow space is only about 3 feet in height but its very long, if that makes sense. So the plants are basicly trained in a horizontal position, if they stood straight up theyd be about 3 feet high. Thats why I went with the 4 ft floros plus they were free (the length of the room can fit two 4footers in a single file fashion).

the pots are 2 gal. from the dollar store. they are almost 4 weeks into flower and were about 2 mo. when put to 12/12. The reason they need to be reaped by May 23 is because I am moving end of May.

Any links to homade hydro systems would be helpful. when I move Id like to try a small hydro closet grow, like maybe 150 Hps with easy ebb and flo system?

Took some clones from the true females that should be used next time in hydro, with better light. Thanks -z

Ive been reading a lot on this forum and have found that DWC is the easiest way to begin in hydro. One question I have though is... If using a 5 gallon bucket as planter and reservoir is it ok for the roots to dangle into the nutrient solution?

I do have some clones from my current grow that are doing great, but I would like to order some good genetics as well.

Any suggestions on a strain that does well for a newbie hydro grower? Thanks -z

zman18 said:
Ive been reading a lot on this forum and have found that DWC is the easiest way to begin in hydro. One question I have though is... If using a 5 gallon bucket as planter and reservoir is it ok for the roots to dangle into the nutrient solution?

I do have some clones from my current grow that are doing great, but I would like to order some good genetics as well.

Any suggestions on a strain that does well for a newbie hydro grower? Thanks -z

Yes, the roots will dangle in the solution in a DWC system. Make sure that your water is always well oxygenated or you can have problems. I grew C99 and Apollo11 my first crop.

wahat the hell is going on lately with soooo many hermies being reported, have the worlds seed banks gone into decline and all the crosses are unstable?

We were discussing this a few days ago. There has been a dramatic increase in the number of hermies in the last few years. Something is going on. Anyways, the strain is up to you. Read through the smoke reports and seedbank forums and decide which strain sounds like what you want to grow. Just my thoughts. Keep us posted on what you decide to do. Take care and be safe.

Try Lowryder for your first Hydro set up. Its quick and small. Did you keep the hermies? You can fix a hermie with and easy snip and if you don't stress it out again, you most likely won't get another hermie. With the light, the best thing to do is get a red spectrum light. Get bonemeal and calcium... If you don't have money for lights right now, I would wait on the Hydro. Just curious, but with do you want to start hydro?

Well I read an article in high times about a BC bloom box with hydro system. It was basically a small closet grow that yielded 3/4 of a pound. I guess hydro takes up less space, I am also kinda spacey and sometimes forget to check my plants everyday, so hydro would be a little more convenient. Granted the BC bloom box had a 400 watt hps and co2 but I figure for a small area hydro is the best bet.

The hermies I had were only about three weeks into flower and the males bananas popped up EVERYWHERE so they were not worth saving really. Keep any suggestions coming.

I am thinking about not buying food for a while and just putting up the $ for a 70 or 150 watt HPS....anyone know of a good light for under $100?? I am 1 month into flower... Will an hps help out at this point??Thank you everyone. -z

As far as DWC goes... Should it have a drip system? Or micro style sprayers? Or should the roots just always be submersed in oxygen rich water? thanks. -z

Z.. there are a couple of websites that you can purchase a 400 hps for right at a C-note.
google ""indide sun" or HTG supply, I think is the other one.. ;)
Lowes or Home Depot carry 70-150's for just slightly less of your hard earned cash.

THANK YOU HICK!!! I thought I had looked at so many lighting suppliers and all were too expensive. BUT not inside sun! I am ordering the Econo 400w HPS system for $99.

If I get this light with three weeks left to flower, will it help fill out the ladies?

Thanks -z

light is the key but there is something called ripen it slowly stresses the plant encouraging it to ripen quickly to spread its genes it can be used in hydro or soil for up to 2 weeks loose the herms and males keep the males well away if you want for breeding stock but the herms are useless as they pass the trait on to ther seed stock hope this helps.bless

Hey Z..... in a DWC system you keep the root zone of the plant suspended in the water.... you keep an air pump running with a stone to keep the water oxygenated... no need for sprayers or drippers those are other style of systems. You will be very happy with the new light and on your next grow you will see a huge difference in the density of the bud. Good luck, keep reading and learning that is the key.

Latest posts

Back