Small clone to HPS.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elliot Jansen

Reaction score
Has anyone ever done this with any kind of success? I have a clone that will probably be 6 inches tall or more when her sister is done flowering. I lost a plant in veg over Christmas vaca that was to take her place, so I'm wondering what would happen if you put a small clone into flower.. Is it worth it or should I just bite the bullet and wait till shes 12- 18 in?

If it has a good a good root system then height should have nothing to do with it. right? I say put it into flower if it has developed good roots.

Elliot Jansen said:
Has anyone ever done this with any kind of success? I have a clone that will probably be 6 inches tall or more when her sister is done flowering. I lost a plant in veg over Christmas vaca that was to take her place, so I'm wondering what would happen if you put a small clone into flower.. Is it worth it or should I just bite the bullet and wait till shes 12- 18 in?
Well one of the questions you have to ask yourself is,How much yield do you want off the plant.Then once you figure that out.Then your question is answered.Keep it GREEN:D

Yield is indeed the question at hand. Also, a biggie for me (and should be for everyone) is how your state's laws with growing work.. Is it by weight or plant count? My state is by weight so small plants that grow with one big *** bud is the only way that makes sense for me.

I've done it many times... Taking a rooted clone and plopping it right into flower. However, if you let the plant veg for a an extra week, the yeilds can double.

Latest posts

Back