small question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warzone

Professional Pot smoker
Reaction score
My brother threw a few seeds into a cup with soil and miricale grow and used a 60 watt soft light bulb on it after 3 days it was about 4 inches tall and had leave and crystals on it.

i was wondering if its possible to actually flower a plant and stuff in a bedroom with a 60 watt light bulb and how much more work needed to be done. the plant is gone now sadly his g/f grandmother found it :'(

Hi there. Mj plant will not grow and produce any smokeable bud under a normal everyday light bulb. They need either HID, LED, or flourescents to grow properly. They have to have the right spectrum of light that the plant can use to grow. Make sure to take a good look at the site rules and then do your research if you plan on starting to grow. There is a ton of information on this site but you have to be willing to find it on your own. The Resources tab at the top of the page is a great place to start. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

Have a look around at micro grows. If you just want a small crop, a couple of energy saving light bulbs, the standard household type are sufficient for growing mj.

One of the regulars on another forum gets a regular 1.5oz crop in a 1'x1' box under 4 20w energy savers. Alternatively, get a 50 or 70w HPS security light: you'll get more yield from it. Regular incandescent bulbs aren't much good for growing, being as they produce more heat than light and in largely the wrong spectrum.

My own setup which is in construction at the moment is using a 150w HPS floodlight, but I have a veg room for seedlings, cuttings and mothers under 4x20w GE energy savers. The best thing about energy savers is you can make reflectors for them out of soda cans, and dramatically increase their effectiveness. For maximum bulb life, put a small PC type fan blowing air onto the ballast (the plastic bit at the back of the tube) to keep it cool.

Latest posts

Back