Smoking MJ Etiquette 101

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ilikebigbuds

Reaction score
Smoking etiquette

I read this comment from an author of a big buds book about smoking weed in other countries and was surprised to learn that there are so many different ways of smoking etiquette as there are ways to smoke.

For example: in some countries you don’t pass a joint, you smoke your own. :joint: -VS- :48:

In other places you never hand a half smoked bong hit to someone and expect them to hit it.:bong2:
It’s considered as if asking them to take out your trash.:eek:

So, I thought I would find out from this forum, since the audience here is all over the world, what could I expect if I came to your country to party with MJ smokers?:joint4: :cool2:

I'm sure some of these have already been covered.

Rule number 1) always clear your chamber if you hit the bong. You are not less of a man or woman if you can't clear it in one hit. Just get that stale stuff outta there.

Rule 2) Always ash the joint before you pass it so that the loose ash doesn't fall onto someone else or the floor. That is just plain rude.

Rule 3) Bring enough for the whole class or go outside if you didn't. There is nothing worse than a cock tease.

Rule 4) Always give a warning if the bong or bowl is almost cashed. "Its about done, its money, its tapped, gone with the wind, all she wrote. Something, just as long as you give a warning.

We have a bunch of little ones as well like, when you pass the bong tip it back so that the water doesn't push up into the slider as you pass it and get your grow all wet.

Don't lip the entire rim of the bong. There is nothing worse than having someone elses spit all over the rim as you start to hit it.

When smoking as a group always match. Don't take more than your fair share. Every once in a while its ok not to have any grow on you and get smoked out without having to throw anything it, but the next go around you better be making up for it.

Unless you are with good and close friends don't insult the weed if you are smoking on it for free. If someone, who doesn't know you all that well, is nice enough to let you toke of their stuff for nothing than you need to be respectful and not tell them how their weed is garbage and you could find better.

Well the rule here is usually puff puff pass also.

but I have to admitt, I like to smoke a jay by myself.

I judge my weed that way. if it gets me high in 2 hits, 3 hits, 1/2 a jay the whole jay.

I like the half a jay weed. never got high on just 1 or 2 hits.

well maybe back in 1979, I cant remember.

I'm going to shut up now and take another :ccc:

If you are smoking with me you should consider yourself my friend and my friends all know that whats mine is theirs. There is no asking in my house take what you like just have respect. The only rule is you don't drink my last beer, eat my last slice, or smoke my last bowl.

I like big buds and I cannot lie.
You other brothers can't deny.
When a girl walks in with an itty bitty waste
and puts that bong up in your face you get sprung!

around my neck of the woods...

you don't "Bogart" a joint being passed around.

and if, while passing it around, as soon as someone says, "I'm done", that usually means put the roach out to save the last few hits for later not kill it yerself, or see if anyone else wants to kill it...

also... fer heavens sake... DO NOT "Mick Jager" a joint being shared... no one wants to smoke someone else's spit...

and if someone pulls one out in a group to share, pull out yours too... share and share alike, my mommy always taught me... :cool:

I have only 1 rule, My bong always comes back to me to be packed. I only pack 1 hits. If you have some to contribute, put it out on the tray for Me to pack the bowl. :bong1: Perhaps this is why my glass bongs last for so long, eh :hubba:

I have an irrelevant rule applies to everything from cannabis to alcohol... I lock the door after last guest. Nobody leaves the house before cleaning is done.

If someone is passing a joint to you and you miss the grab and they catch the joint and hand it to you-You buy them a drink or let them have one of your hits.

I always have my own little rule, which is that if I go somewhere, and bring my weed... That is everyone's weed... regardless of what I have. I won't roll up a joint and then "save the rest" for home or myself... If I'm stupid enough to bring an ounce when I should have brought an 8th... shame on me, it all goes out...

It makes me feel generous I guess :)

at my house, if you want to smoke, i will roll you one..or you can roll you one.....because of health issues, i never ever smoke after anyone...smoke your j....or take it home..i dont care, i will never smoke behind anyone. roll it big or roll it small, hit it some now or later...just enjoy it.

oops double post.....mod....would you like to delete this for me? could not get it deleted from edit.

my house rules are obviously puff puff pass,if i smoked my buds w/ you,i always wanna hear a "thank you",dont get your lips wet and hit my blunt/bong,and the golden rule, NEVER KILL MY BUZZ =)

1) If you dont have some and i smoke with you say thank you.

2) ALWAYS pass to the left.

3)If you changed spots in the circle you may not take a second hit, or if you moved to the right oh well wait till it comes back around.

4) never light my bong/bowl with your zippo.

5) matches are only acceptable if nobody in the room has a lighter.

6) If i have smoked with you more than 3 times without having the gesture reciprocated ill still smoke with you but dont say sh*t when i give you the stink eye.

7) NOBODY leaves the room till i have my lighter, smoking device, and stash in my posession.

I'm not sure if we are talking etiquette any more-

I think we have hit upon HOUSE RULES!:holysheep:

thanks for the input, now when I ever get asked to a weed party in a different country I'll know exactly how to conduct myself!

:D :eek: :doh: :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back