SoG candidates?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smot_poker

Marijuana Monster
Reaction score
Hey, i'm new here and i have a few questions.

I know the basics of growing, i have a plant flowering about 10 feet below where i am right now lol but me and my friend have been having serious talks about doing a joint grow op. The idea is, we'd keep his growbox on 18/6 with cfls and my growbox will be on 12/12 constantly with a 400w HPS that i'm planning on purchasing soon.

every week, we would take 5-10 clones off his plant (we're still not sure how many will fit, ya know) and put them into my growbox. the idea will be, after the first batch of clones matures, from that point on, each week i will be harvesting 5-10 clones of bud so roughly 1-3 ounces of bud, i'm not sure yet. the power consumption will be pretty small and we will generate a constant flow of bud.

we have been looking at seeds to order from TGA or Nirvana-Shop and we have decided on either blackjack, blackberry, querkle or Jack the Ripper.

My question to you all (y'all if ya wanna be southern about it) is which of the listed strains would be best suited for the grow that i'm looking to do? or, which strain (even if not listed) will be the best for my typa grow?

we're looking to get maximum production as we're investing a good deal of money into this (well, i am really. he is just throwing down on seeds lol but i get to reap the benefits more than him) project.

and for the people who are thinking "wow this kids dumb for tellin people about growing", i have known this guy forever. i used to live with him, and he himself dabbles in illegal practices and so i doubt would be snitching on me. well no, scratch that. he will not snitch on me at all.

anyways, an e-penny for your thoughts?:hubba:

Is DP Mazar out of your budget?

I'd recommend 'lollypopping' them, but they make ideal sog candidates. Even better scrog candidates.

Given reasonable control of your elements you'll be really surprised with the outcome.

If you guys are handy, scrog mums will provide a near endless supply of decent clones.

my thaughts...:bong:

Grow them all..and then tell us...sorry no help here..just did my first outdoor scrog..and its 70% Urkle..take care and be safe

Smot_poker said:
Hey, i'm new here and i have a few questions.

I know the basics of growing, i have a plant flowering about 10 feet below where i am right now lol but me and my friend have been having serious talks about doing a joint grow op. The idea is, we'd keep his growbox on 18/6 with cfls and my growbox will be on 12/12 constantly with a 400w HPS that i'm planning on purchasing soon.

every week, we would take 5-10 clones off his plant (we're still not sure how many will fit, ya know) and put them into my growbox. the idea will be, after the first batch of clones matures, from that point on, each week i will be harvesting 5-10 clones of bud so roughly 1-3 ounces of bud, i'm not sure yet. the power consumption will be pretty small and we will generate a constant flow of bud.

we have been looking at seeds to order from TGA or Nirvana-Shop and we have decided on either blackjack, blackberry, querkle or Jack the Ripper.

My question to you all (y'all if ya wanna be southern about it) is which of the listed strains would be best suited for the grow that i'm looking to do? or, which strain (even if not listed) will be the best for my typa grow?

we're looking to get maximum production as we're investing a good deal of money into this (well, i am really. he is just throwing down on seeds lol but i get to reap the benefits more than him) project.

and for the people who are thinking "wow this kids dumb for tellin people about growing", i have known this guy forever. i used to live with him, and he himself dabbles in illegal practices and so i doubt would be snitching on me. well no, scratch that. he will not snitch on me at all.

anyways, an e-penny for your thoughts?:hubba:

Generally speaking, growing with "friends" is a really bad idea--I don't care how far you go back, whether you have been roommates before, or how good of friends you think you are. It is even worse if he is dabbling in other illegal things. You would be surprised what most people will do to stay out of jail.

I don't know how much space you have, but with just a 400W light, I just do not see you being able to start 5-10 clones every week. That would be 40-100 plants flowering at a time. A 400W is good for about 10 sq ft....

As for investing a lot of money, you have just scratched the surface. Most of us have invested thousands and thousands of dollars. And, really, everyone wants maximum yield.

I would encourage you to learn how to grow starting with just a few plants at first. More plants does not mean more bud.

Smot_poker said:
holy crap those seeds are expensive!!!!

i did look at the color mixes, and that looks fuckin sweet. i looooove colored bud with a passion.

we are like brothers from different (fucked up) mothers, the plants to be seperated from the lights so as to not cook those bitches up.
:holysheep: How did all that get in there?

Hey sounds like a reasonable operation. You guys could potentially be pulling in at least a couple hundred grams every two months, so long as the clones are a nice decent size before budding. I have been growing White Berry and she would be awsome for SOG. But I'm sure the strains you're looking into would be great qualifiers too. All the best!

I am guessing the profanity filters are on the blink...lol

Latest posts

Back