Soil fell apart while transplanting! AGHHHH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maryjanenewbie

Reaction score
I screwed up and didn't water before transplant. The soil fell apart, but most of the root ball held together. I put in new pot and watered. Its drooping a little still after about 10 hours. What do you guys think, will my baby make it? Its 3 weeks old and 4" high.:watchplant: :cry:

You will be fine...you want the soil dry as bone s root ball stays togather..give it some good light and plenty :heart: you did well my friend..she will bounce right up by morning..take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

I've had that happen more than once, with no problems. You'll see, she'll perk up again.

I had to transplant my 5 before and intentionally let the soil fall away (Miracle Grow, bleah). Took about half the rootball with it on at least 2 plants. All recovered and none hermied which is what I had feared.

I have also let junk soil dry out before I transplanted so that I could get as much of the soil gone as possible, your plant will survive.

HI,

Your baby will be fine... it's just a stutter-step for now... Unless I want to get rid of soil when I transplant I like to give them some organic Alaska Morbloom Upstart fert with B1 to help with the stress a day before transplanting so that the soil is moist but not dripping wet. The root ball holds together a bit better for me with *some* moisture. You may have transplanted it a bit early from that container. ime if your roots have filled the pot well the ball will hold together pretty well wet or dry.

Happy Growing!:cool:

maryjanenewbie said:
I screwed up and didn't water before transplant. The soil fell apart, but most of the root ball held together. I put in new pot and watered. Its drooping a little still after about 10 hours. What do you guys think, will my baby make it? Its 3 weeks old and 4" high.:watchplant: :cry:

I agree it will be fine.. You should see what I do to maintain my mothers, I take a big kitchen knife to the roots when they become root bound.. They will recover from it though....

Latest posts

Back