Sopappy's grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pappy I think you might have pythium, pic far right looks like it for sure and the middle one sure could be too. Generally when the tap root hits the water, you stop the top drip so that all your roots will search for the soup. IMHO it looks like you have pythium and my guess is its all in the hydroton where most of the roots seem to be. Just my 2 cents.

Pappy I think you might have pythium, pic far right looks like it for sure and the middle one sure could be too. Generally when the tap root hits the water, you stop the top drip so that all your roots will search for the soup. IMHO it looks like you have pythium and my guess is its all in the hydroton where most of the roots seem to be. Just my 2 cents.

Damn. I didn't stop the top drip... I thought that was required for the recirculating, d'oh. I'm assuming I still want the re-circulating and will simply drop the drip hose in to the res.
Thanks for that, K-man, I'll research the disease :-(
update
fa kin supa, it's like Herpes, never goes away, I could puke Another torture session, pulled her out of the hydroton and did 10% h2o2 wash, pulled off the crap, 3 tough looking 2 - 3 inch long whitish roots left now. I just buried the plug again and soaked the area once. I'll hope the roots make it down to the water soon enough, there's no drip, the hose just goes down through the pellets and in to the drink. The water level is perhaps 1.5 inches below pots, all 4 of them. No roots showing anywhere now :-(

Pappy you gotta be kind to the roots bro, if there are no roots in your solution you need to start the drip ring back till they hit the water, if not they will dry out and die very quickly. Keep plugin along man, your gonna get it and you will have good advise to give others soon enough bro, green mojo.

Pappy you gotta be kind to the roots bro, if there are no roots in your solution you need to start the drip ring back till they hit the water, if not they will dry out and die very quickly. Keep plugin along man, your gonna get it and you will have good advise to give others soon enough bro, green mojo.

hahaha.... fair warning to all! Do NOT take advice from me.
Mr K.... 4 buckets, Now, after clean-up, NONE of them have roots out the bottom. (One was moving right along but got sick with that python thing) I washed off the crap as best i could (10% H2O2) and rinsed the pellets. If I see any roots that poke out brown again, I'll move all 4 to dirt and clean the systems with bleach before trying DWC again. On the bright side, flower room smells pretty good these days :) And thanks for keeping an eye on things here!

Thats the spirit pappy, your learning and that's great. This will all click for you soon and then you will be growing some phenomenal grows. Glad the flower room is coming along, the girls look happy bro :)

I was going to wait until I saw roots again before doing anything drastic but I'm thinking I should salvage what I have, move these 4 to soil and bleach everything. The more I read about that pythmeoffium, I worry about it getting a hold in the room, spores and ****, I figure I'll never be rid of it.

On the bright side, these are the write-offs from the coco disaster. That's not too bad for beginning week 5, well, for me anyways.

View attachment 100_0835.JPG

I'm a week and a half behind your grow Sopappy. I hope mine look that good. green mojo

Thanks for the kind words, gents! That camera flash is misleading though, the hairs aren't that thick, a lot of that is light. But still amazing after all the shocking they've had. All fem, two of them still went male. I'm still thinking potency will be poor and I don't see much sugary goodness I'm afraid but it was still fun seeing those posts!

I'm soaking the pellets in H202 3ml/gal and will run 10% bleach through the buckets for few hours before a good rinse. Damn chlorine stinks, not looking forward to that.

What else do I want at the grow shop? Botanicare Hydroguard Bacillus Root Inoculant
I also wrote down MycoGrow soluble but can't recall why. Damn, gotta stop studying stoned; it does not work.

I have a seed in rooter on top of my modem, guess I'll put my last 4 up there with her and try again.

Yes, lots of harm IMO.. that plug will dry out in hours.. you'll have to baby sit it all day.

At least, that's my thoughts. Maybe wrap it in something that's a bit moist? I'm clueless about Rapid Rooters out in the open like that, but my own experience is that they dry out SUPER fast, even in a domed tray!

Yes, lots of harm IMO.. that plug will dry out in hours.. you'll have to baby sit it all day.

At least, that's my thoughts. Maybe wrap it in something that's a bit moist? I'm clueless about Rapid Rooters out in the open like that, but my own experience is that they dry out SUPER fast, even in a domed tray!

Yup, thanks, Doc. Kinda dumb, the sun just looked so inviting. I'd forget and it'd dry out fer sure. She's back down under the LED about 30 inches away

Looks like I'll only be keeping 1 of the 4 (that I tried in the buckets). I just can't seem to shake the soil. <br/>
I now have two of the sprouts in the buckets but res is empty. That tube is not a drip, it sticks out about 1/4" below net pot. I'll keep water level maybe an inch below that. I am top watering until I see a root poking out the bottom of the net pot, then I'll fill 'er up and turn on the pumps.<br/>
I don't think I'll buy these FEM seeds any more. They come up so frail looking.

View attachment 100_0841.JPG

View attachment 100_0842.JPG

View attachment 100_0843.JPG

View attachment 100_0844.JPG

View attachment 100_0845.JPG

This plant doesn't go down without a fight. I was positive that latest seedling was dead and I'm amazed those plants bounced back from the pythium.<br />
I may have been hallucinating but I'm sure I saw a little root sticking out the bottom of a pot so I set up the water, city water, 70 ppm but I added something called powerclean. No bubblers yet, top watering and the hose goes down to bottom of pellets, 1 1/2 inches above water level for some agitation.

View attachment 100_0861.JPG

View attachment 100_0862.JPG

View attachment 100_0863.JPG

View attachment 100_0864.JPG

It looks like someone chopped the girls, green mojo bro your gonna get this.

Hey THG, Kraven... I moved the Pythmeoffium survivors to under the T5. The temperature at the canopy is 75 and there's an oscillating fan going or it'd be higher :) <br />
I took this picture after moving them from the LED. What I think will happen is that you'll see all those FLAT leaves strain up towards the light. <br />

Here's a snap from 24 hours later. Maybe it's me but they sure look like they're starting the oliver twist thing.

okay, another couple days, and I'm still seeing this 'reach' thing and no comments from either of you. Do I win?
If I put the LED back and the plant relaxes like us on a patio, what's the prize?
last pic shows they are relaxing again but look how far I have to keep them from the light for 75 at the canopy.
I need the T5, haircuts today. I put them back under the LEDs, almost as warm as T5 (at 18") under there (at recommended distance). Double the stretch under T5.

View attachment 100_0869.JPG

View attachment 100_0871.JPG

View attachment PLZ SIR.jpg

View attachment T5 1.JPG

View attachment T5 2.JPG

View attachment T5 3.JPG

View attachment 100_0882.JPG

It looks like someone chopped the girls, green mojo bro your gonna get this.

Yup, it's like everything else, you just keep plugging away, fake it 'til you make it. I got my Boveda thingies.... man I hope they work, it sounds fantastic. My girls were all soaken wet so I didn't use them right off and still had to go a day or so in the caserole dishes but no more burping, or forgetting to burp, or forgetting to close the lid after a looooong burp hahahahah, the things will be great for the stash too, no more pieces of fruit, gotta love this place for TIPS like that!

My EIGHT plant harvest is coming in at a whopping FOUR OUNCES. Worse than I thought but not by much hahaha. There's guys here that get that ON A BRANCH!

Latest posts

Back