SPIDER MITE, Chapter 10168 verse .....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sinisterhand

Shut up and drive.
Reaction score
:holysheep: So I have been being beatin by these little tyrants for months, now their the ones on the run. I have used every cure I have ever heard of including DE, predators, oils and so on. I have decided to launch a final assault with a dose of Avid.
I need help with the dosage. Anyone? I read one article that said to use a 1/4 teaspoon per quart, that seems way to strong to me, but I am clueless? I also wanted to double check that it is systemic and can be used as both a foliar spray and in the root solution.

just wondering...did u try AZAMAX?

Yup...

1/4 tsp per quart is correct, sir. Make sure to alway use Avid at full strength and use what you mix up immediately AND only mix up what you are going to use that day as the solution will not store. It rapidly loses strength and if you apply Avid at less than the proper strength it's possible that you could breed your very own Avid resistant mite population...

Avid works great if you live where it hasn't been overused and misused which has led to areas along the west coast where Avid is only effective as a preventative measure and it no longer eliminates mites in those areas. Make sure you read all the precautions on the label... Thank god we have a big government to research these things... ;) Can you imagine if we left it up to the chemical company to warn us about their products? it's some pretty nasty stuff and don't use it when flowering.

Peace!:cool:

LOL, thanks for the tip. So on the application part. Use full strenght as a foliar spray, got it. What about in my nutrient solution?

I just had to use Avid myself. I hope to hell it works. Spidermites are the bane of the cosmic forge.

Sinisterhand said:
LOL, thanks for the tip. So on the application part. Use full strenght as a foliar spray, got it. What about in my nutrient solution?

In a word:
:holysheep:.....:eek: NO! :eek:.....:holysheep:

Hey man...

NEVER add this to your nutes. You can spray your soil surface if you'd like but I'd probably remove the surface soil if I did and top fill with fresh soil a couple days later. Mites don't live in the soilOnly use this like you would any pesticide and only use it as a spray on your plants. Avid kills mites but will not kill unhatched mites in eggs on your leaves. You need to spray it to kill the mites present and then give them another follow up spray every 3-5 days until they are DONE! If you have a bad infestation 3-4 applications over a 3 week period should kill 'em dead and kill any subsequent generations of the evil lil things.... You can also spray the floor, walls, etc. of your grow room... I highly suggest dropping a few duckies and getting a respirator mask at Home Depot that is rated for protection against pesticides. You need to unleash an all out attack on those Devil's Spawn creatures...

Spider mites have to be the #1 bane of the marijuana grower... with bud rot and plants going hermie close behind. There is a TON of info on fighting mites right here on MP... A fall cornucopia of mite posts! I like to use Google to search within a website or domain... Go to Google and enter the key search word(s) followed by the word "site" followed by a colon and the website you'd like to search like this:

avid spider mites site:marijuanapassion.com

Or you can go to Google and click on 'Advanced Search' and type in: avid spider mites and down in the 'Search within a site or domain' enter marijuanapassion.com to get more specific search options. I pulled up this page with tons of threads to read about Spider mites and someone usually chimes in with their thoughts about Avid...

ya know the drill... change the XX to tt

hXXp://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_q=avid+spider+mites&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&num=10&lr=&as_filetype=&ft=i&as_sitesearch=marijuanapassion.com&as_qdr=all&as_rights=&as_occt=any&cr=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&safe=images

Kill 'em DEAD!:cool:

marijuana passion has it's own advanced search. WHY google it?

Screenshot-Growing Marijuana Forum - Search Forums - Mozilla Firefox.png

Thanks for the help and trust I have spent hours reading on these little tyrants. I just need comformation on my attack program. I am soooooooooooo close to bringing them to their eight little knees.

I launched my final phase and hit them with the first of two doses. The next to follow in 7 days. The room is very cool and very moist, all my plants are looking super healthy and I am months from needing clones off these girls. It's a perfect time.

mountain man said:
Because it is just NOT effective, thats why!
haaaaaa.. it "has" to be as effective as searching google for MP posts...
and you know, it works just dandy for me... :D

Latest posts

Back