Stem wont get thick?!?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rami

Reaction score
My plants r 3 weeks old, the fan has been blowin since the first day they popped out, but the stems wont get thick for some reason. wat could be the problem??? hey wer fed some nutes last week at 1/4 dose and the growth kind of responded to it a lil but the stems stayed the same and didnt get any thicker.... any solution for this problem??

Thank You.

If the plant looks healthy, I would say don't worry about it. Do you have a picture of the plant? That would help. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

150w hps
Scotts organic soil
MG ferts( not sure wat npk lvls r but im sure N is the highest and P lowest)

put a fan on the plant(s) and supercrop them, ive got a thread thats worth searching for.....it will thicken the stems and increase yeild 100% or more without.

goodluck

toa

trillions of atoms said:
put a fan on the plant(s) and supercrop them, ive got a thread thats worth searching for.....it will thicken the stems and increase yeild 100% or more without.

goodluck

toa

Beat me to it.....Good call!

actually, the bigger pot for the plant will provide stems more room to grow, include fan!
so what size is your pot ?

btw why hps light? you suppose start with hid! the small watt u got the little op u have lmao just pickin on ya!

I started them out wit 16oz cups...but the stems are not gettin thick enough for me to transplant them yet...if i did now i might hurt them bad..so im waitin on the stem to grow a bit thicker...im trying the pinching technique stated by trillions of atoms for now and ill see wat happens...and HPS is a great light to start off wit...i grew twice before and it worked out great...but this time my plants are not growin as fast as my previous grows andim thinkin its cuz of the soil im using. but ther kickin up wit the nutes.well see wat happens...thanks for all the help guys. i appreciate it.

rami said:
150w hps
Scotts organic soil
MG ferts( not sure wat npk lvls r but im sure N is the highest and P lowest)
Dude,EarthJuice lineup is awesome (be sure to allow 24-48 hrs aeration 1st). Or even ESU Greenleaves sodium-based hydro nutes are awesome in moderation! I'd drop a couple prewired mogel-socketed cfl's (they burn @60watts but give you 150watts ;) ). This will GIVE U 300watts extra of blooming strength (let alone vegging). Also...I've heard good things about Bushmaster (soluable nutes), may want to check that out, it keeps your plants fat and squat but use very very lightly for Nodal compaction.But all in all I'd mix spectra. (HPS is good for the hot spectrum) Now add some cfl's and get the "cools" covered, that should help ya!

rami said:
I started them out wit 16oz cups...but the stems are not gettin thick enough for me to transplant them yet...if i did now i might hurt them bad..so im waitin on the stem to grow a bit thicker...im trying the pinching technique stated by trillions of atoms for now and ill see wat happens...and HPS is a great light to start off wit...i grew twice before and it worked out great...but this time my plants are not growin as fast as my previous grows andim thinkin its cuz of the soil im using. but ther kickin up wit the nutes.well see wat happens...thanks for all the help guys. i appreciate it.
What are the ingrediants to this soil? Can u give me a link so I can look over it?

ill see when i get home...but all i kno its scotts organic soil for seedling...no nutes at all..and i dont think it has perlite, vermiculate,sponge rocks peat moss and all of that crap that would help a seed suurvive the first 3 weeks without nutes and all of that.

but anyways...the stems just started to get thick without doin anything..i tried the pinching technique on one of the plants..wells see wat will happen in a couple of days...its just i dont like the rate they growin at...they are very slow...soon ill post up pics when i get my new phone..it has a 5mega pixel camera so i would be able to get great shots.

thanks for the help guys.

Latest posts

Back