Suggestions for a problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BizzyHigh

Club Treasurer
Reaction score
Ok so here is my problem.. I am going to be out of town for this upcoming thanksgiving holiday and i am not going to be with my plant for 6 days Monday(afternoon) - Sunday(night). I really don't have anyone that can come and help water my plant for the days that I am going to be gone.. I would normally say just leave it and hope for the best but recently my lady has come super dependent on daily waterings or else it getting incredible droopy and looks horrible! Does anyone have any suggestions on how i could get through these 6 days without just abandoning it and praying for the best? Any systems i could set up? Thanks everyone!

Sorry, a few more details.. It will be in its third week of flowering and is under a 150 watt HPS.. In a closet (little microgrow) with a fan on it 24/7.. Soil drys up within 24 hours pretty quickly

hey bizzy. You could get a standard water pump and hook it up to some drippers and just put the water pump on a timer. Or there are these watering gel packets that you just toss in the buckets and they release a certain amount of water over the course of a week. These packets are expensive though and can really only be found online. Id go to walmart and get a water pump and then go to homedepot/lowes and get irrigation drip emitters and some 1/4" tubing and a timer. Hope this helps

Hmmm this sounds like a litlle bit of a complicated system but i might give it a try sounds like it could work pretty well.. Do u have any links to some of the supplies you mentioned cause im a little confused about the irregation thing and by water pump what kind are u referring to? Thanks for the pointers though big help!

dude, just buy 2 spounges, dig into your soil. then before you leave for out of town, almost over water your plants. they will be fine till you get back.
or go to home depot and buy a drip system. its about 6 bucks, its a green bottle with a spike. just shove it into ur soil, it will water them up to a month

ekoostik has it right. My idea was though to buy a standard aquarium water pump and hook it up by simply connecting it to a 1/4" tube and then splitting that to a couple of drippers. put it on a timer and when the timer goes on the water pump ***** water from the bucket of water it sits in and pushes it to the drippers which then drip into your buckets. Or just keep it easy and just stick the tubes that you connect to the water pump over the planter buckets edge and set your timer for like 3 minutes a day or every other day

here's an old-school method I use... get a 2 litre pop bottle and fill it full of water... stab it into the soil of your plant upside down quickly so the water remains in the bottle - the water will absorb into the soil as it is needed.

of course, the soil should already be wet when you do this.

just a suggestion....

Latest posts

Back