Switch Indoor to Outdoor Question ! Help !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AsianSky

Dude! Where's My Joint?
Reaction score
Well i have couple questions concerning my sativa indoor plant now in its 5th weeks of flowering with 12/12 light cycle with an 400 hps. The buds are getting bigger and bigger each days. If i really want to save money on my electric bill, and put my indoor flowering plant outside to soak up the sunlight ? Is this bad ? It's now almost June and the sun and dark hours is like 15/9 at my area. Will putting it outdoor now destroy the buds ? Or Turning the plant into hermie with stress ? Will it Re-Veg and stop forming the buds/stop make trichs ? I really just want what yall think will happen if i put my plant outdoor now......help please . THANK YOU GUYS !!

It will probally start to revert back to veg if you leave it out all day. If you just leave it out for 12 hours then return it to the dark inside that would work. I know some plants need to be hardened off to go out side and the sun can burn them if you don`t do this but i have only seen it on vedging plants im not sure what will happen to budding plants. Slim Good Luck.

Thank lingtimegrower! I was thinking of leaving it all-days long because moving a 6th ft tall plant in a 5 gals bucket in and out everyday is too much work. It is sunny everyday now and will be sunny days for the next few weeks, just want to pack more rasins/trichs on the buds with sun light but scare its too late now for outdoor.

It's too late now. If you put it outside and leave it, it will revert back to veg and the bud production will stop completely. It would probably hermie also due to the stress. Why not just finish it off inside? It will pack on the trichromes and increase in potency just fine indoors under artificial light. Moving them into the dark after 12 hours outside will work but you would have to make sure they were moved outside and back inside at the exact same time every day. Just my thoughts. I hope you decide against this. Take care and be safe.

So i did the same thing with my plant that iwas 2.5 weeks into flower. I didnt want to but was forced to due to not haveing enough spavce for a growroom anymore. Check it out

I hope she dont go hermi like smokey said.
05_9453545.JPG

On a side note, if the plant's are still in the veg stage, is it still ok to put them out?

fruity... we in the northern hemisphere are headed into the longest day lengths of the year. (June 21). The next few weeks are the 'perfect' time to put vegging plants OD.. IMO.

i did a test in my basement this winter had some girls in the dirt grew under hps from start to finish. at abt 10 weeks into flower i turned the lights back to 24/7 and let em grow for another 5 weeks and got no reveg the buds got real sticky an gooey is all. now i know ya`ll are askin why did he do this thing right??? well instead of running a heater under the house to keep the pipes from freezing this past winter i ran lights instead. same bill but i got buds in return ;)....it got colder and i had to turn the lights back to 24/7 to keep the heat up. it all werked out great. woodnt sugest doing it but it didnt hurt mine.

Yeah, as you guys can see, there are alot of ppl like me putting their flowering plant/plants outside right now. Wouldnt be a good idea, but the temp and heat of summer inside my growing room are getting hard to control now even with a fan and a portable ac, when light on, sometime could reach 90-95F. So i was planing to put my only flowering baby outside, well, smokeybear said it would hermie so yeah ......i am worry about that. Maybe it's too late for switching for me. Anyways, THC_IS_GOOD_4_Me got his babies 2nd weeks of flowering outside too, but his is earlier flowering stage i guess that wouldnt do any harm right ? I have another question too. My clones outside the last few weeks starting to show white hair even with 15/9 outdoor light cycle, but now i saw some of the white hair browning and falling off leaving big seeds-like shape thing, but still there alot of new white hair forming, not buds though, just alot of white hairs, pistils . I guess the clones are re-veg cuz i took them from a flowering mom in early stage. Is this bad ?

hello fellow growers.im a 1st time grower and just started growing im growing 2 seeds of super skunk and 2seeds of shiva shanti II.Im just germinate it and now there are little sprouts.can i veg with a 75 watt house light for about 3 weeks and put outside to flower cause right now were im from its still spring gonna hit summer in about 2week. SO IS IT POSSIBLE TO GROW BUDS??.AANY KIND OR ADIVE AND TIPS WILL DO.

It's only spring season where you live at huh SuperSkunk08 ? Well, 75watt flo light is too weak for 4 seedlings IMO. If the temp outside not colder then 34 or below freezing at night at your place, i would just place them plants outside. Spring temp about 45-75F would be perfect, and also increasing sunlight period would be good to start outdoor. Just put your seedlings outside would be best bro. Good luck !!

alright thanks alot ASIANSKY. if 75wat isnt good enough wuh wattages should i use? because i would rather vegg it at home than put it out side to flower because were im from is illegal lol.

How about some pics Asiansky?...HEAT is the reason I wont grow in summer..

Latest posts

Back