Sylvania Daylight Plus CFL's - READ CAREFULLY

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THCPezDispenser

Makka Pakka Smoka Doob
Reaction score
Almost picked up a few of these today, seeing "Daylight" is best for veg. But on the way to the counter I am reading a little more closely, and I see something to the effect of "Color temperature is 3500K, this bulb is not compliant with the ANSI "daylight" standard of 6500K." Something to be aware of, read the packaging carefully! It was just the "Daylight Plus" models, the plain "Daylight" were 6500K.

ya i when i have to replace on in my clone box i always look to see what spectrum they are instead of the daylight, warm light stamp on the package..

THCPezDispenser said:
Almost picked up a few of these today, seeing "Daylight" is best for veg. But on the way to the counter I am reading a little more closely, and I see something to the effect of "Color temperature is 3500K, this bulb is not compliant with the ANSI "daylight" standard of 6500K." Something to be aware of, read the packaging carefully! It was just the "Daylight Plus" models, the plain "Daylight" were 6500K.

Yup, it's so frustrating. Some of the bulbs don't even tell you the spectrum. It seems all the cheap knock-off wannabes have joined the game.

That is why I only buy lights that full specs are on the box or description...

Latest posts

Back