Tabacoo plant pesticide ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary18

Reaction score
Recently at a local gardening show a greenhouse grower mentioned he had been using tabacco plants to keep out the bugs for about 10 years and has never had a mite or afid problem, so I bought a plant about 3in hi for 2$ and put it in my grow room. Its outgrowing everything, about 6in per day.
Anyone else ever heard this or tried it, dont have any bugs so I dont know if it works or not, trying alittle prevention rather then waiting for a problem to arise.

Sounds like a good preventative measure gathered you can sacrifice the space and light. Nicoteen is potent and deadly to most insects. Tobacco feilds have a only a few insects that invade them so it might just help.

Yeah, I think it mite, ( no pun intended ), here on the coast of southern Oregon mites are a HUGE problem for all the locals that I know, of the six I know 5 are currently battling bad infestations. I havent seen hide nor hair of one of the little buggers, heres hopin. And thanks, I dont know much about growing tabacco, but it seems to like FFOF soil just fine. At the rate its growing it will out grow my room before long. :watchplant:

always nice to see other people from oregon growing on here :banana: :bong:
:peace:

i always heard nicotine was bad for MJ plants.. ill have to find some research, ill get back to this..

Latest posts

Back