Taking a test in the morning...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RMQ924

Reaction score
Well, wish me luck, I've got to do a physical and drug test tomorrow at a Concentra. I haven't smoked in seven days, and have been drinking lots of water, and eating a ton of red meat. Tomorrow I have a Formula 3 to use, and I'm hoping for the best! If not, the job hunt continues...

It sucks, I have the urine to sub, but I hear they make you strip into a hospital gown for the physical, then make you go pee in a cup before you can put your crap back on. I'll let you guys all know how it goes!

Well, I figured I'd post up how the pre-screen went since I did the Physical and Drug testing just incase anyone wants to know what to expect.

First off I got in there, and had to wait for about half an hour before the procedure began. It sucked, and I had to piss like a racehorse, so I asked if I could use the rest room, and they informed me I had to take a drug test. The let me go, but then told me I'd actually have to drink some water so I'd be able to perform the urine test. I figured more water couldn't hurt, and I hope I was right.

When they finally saw me, I started with a vision test.

Next they did my blood pressure.

Finally they asked me for a urine sample. I was asked to empty my pockets (I put my cell phone, wallet, and car keys in a lock box, They didn't check to make sure I completely emptied my pockets.) I was able to go into the rest room and shut the door. Once inside, I had a little synthetic urine in a contact lense case, and emptied that into the cup for some color and to improve gravity (I hope this was a good idea). I then added my own urine which I had diluted using a Forumla 3 cleanser and a lot of water. This put the temperature between 90 & 100 degrees. They poored some out of the cup, which will be sent to a toxicology lab. I then crossed my fingers, and moved forward.

Second, they run an EKG on you to check your heart. You must remove your shirt for this. Had I strapped on my Clean Stream urine bladder to my chest here, I'd probably of been busted.

Third step was a chest X-Ray, which they show you. This only shows bones. No big deal.

Fourth was blood. They stuck a needle in my arm, and took three vials. If you refrain from smoking for about five days, you should be in the clear on a blood test. I hadn't smoked for seven, so I should be ok here.

Step five, the attendant left the room, allowing me to disrobe and change into hospital shorts. At this time I noticed that if I had strapped my Clean Stream to my leg, just under my junk, I'd of been fine. I could of removed it, and hid it in my pants when I took them off, before the doctor entered the room. The doctor then enters the room, looks over your EKG, asks a few questions, then listens to your heart and lungs with a stethascope. He finally checked for a hernea, but did not feel my junk or ask me to remove the shorts. He then stuck a light, looked in my ears, and checked my pupils for dilation. Finally, he left the room, and I was able to put my clothes back on in privacy. So I could of strapped my urine bladder back on me at this point. I'd suggest strapping it to your chest, below an armipitt though because of step six.

The final step is that they make you go to the physical therapy room, where I had to lift an eleven pound box. You lift with your knees, which would of exposed the urine bladder if it was strapped to my leg since I was wearing shorts. You have to lift from the knees, bringing the box to your chest, then placing it on a waist level shelf, then pull it back to my chest, place it on an eye level shelf, pull it back and put it on the middle shelf, then finally pull it back to my chest, walk three steps, and place it back on the floor, lowering it with my knees.

After that, I was able to go to the checkout and head home. I'll know the results of my toxicology screen within the next 48 hours. Until then, I'm going to hold off, just incase they want me to take a piss test again, but if they do, I may just strap on the synthetic urine bladder.

Well that's it! I hope that by setting some expectations as to what they do, I can help people better prepare for enduring the same hell I'm going through.

Latest posts

Back