Taller plants indicates males?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jash

Reaction score
My plants are about 3-4 weeks old and some of them are definitely taller than others of same age.does bigger height and longer internodes spaces indicates males? i know i should wait 4preflowers but my space is very limited as i have to keep them in a balcony corner.

It's hard to say mang. We have had tall plants that turned out to be female and small plants that turned out to be male and vise versa. ;)

I know I had 6 plants and all the tall ones were males and the smallest plant I owned was the only female this grow....

In two good grow books. I have read that often the taller plants turn out male.Its something I read and haven't had any experience in this happening.

NO...... Wait until you flip the lights to 12/12 and they SHOW sex before you assume that a taller plant is a male. That is a common myth spread on the internet that isnt' true.

you have to wait that is not a way to tell most of my tall plants are always female really i really havent had any males yet in all my time of growing knock on wood lol

There are lots of things to be counted into it. It's not as simple as that. However, I believe that the same strain of plants under the exact same conditions, and lights and nutrients, the ones that are MUCH bigger than the rest are more likely to be males. This has been my experience and this is nothing I have ever read. Only experienced.

Draston and I are friends in real life. I went and looked at his plants a month ago. Weeks before he even put them into flowering, let alone sexing. I told him which plants of his were going to be males. Explain that? Is it 100% accurate? No way. But, I can almost tell how a plant is going to sex.

ive heard the same thing but it is not allways true. my plants and some of my friends plants had some tall females that i was sure they where going to be males and to my surprise they weren't lol but i also heard that if the stalk on the plant i real thick its usually a male but like stickicky said that u will only know this by experience from growing ur own peace

ok, its not 100 percent acurate but its damn near close...

lol wasn't saying it wasn't i would agree with u its just weird how MJ grows that's all lol

I guess if you say all my plants are male then your tall plants are males. The best thing to do is learn to tell sex early. If you know what your looking at you can tell 2 to 3 weeks early. I have tall plants that are female and vice versa.

Thanx everybody 4 the replys

Latest posts

Back