Tater Water saves plants & helps issues!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MysticWolf

Just Me
Reaction score
I know many compost or go all natural with organic teas...I love to stay organic too for various reasons but the biggest is I have MS so my personal view is good healthy stuff into my plants gets good healthy medicine from my plants .
The proces is easy just peel your potatoes and save the peeling then boil your taters in water like normal when you drain your taters off save the water you drain off in another pot and add those peelings to that tater water and bring the water and peeling to a low rolling boil for 45 mins to an hour add more water if you need to.
Then just drain off the tater water through a fine mesh strainer into a bucket and let it cool...Me personally I like to run the airstone in it 24 hours too but that is just personal choice.
Though test it out yourself as millage may vary but I've saved many a friends plants with simple tater water...The plants critical do a tater water flush ...not healthy give a shot of tater water a couple times a week...seedslings look bad ...give them a spoonfull of tater water medicin...Oh then best part you can still compost your peels I do.
So give it a shot let Me hear your feedback

MW

That's interesting as hell. I'd love to hear if anyone else has heard of this.

My mother has used this for many years for plant watering, Im guessing it wouldnt hurt only startch that comes from it.

Actually donkey it is way more than starch when you toss the peels back in the pot and boil it up all the trace minerals and nutrients come out of the skin...But it does act with the starch in a special way...It is an old time trick it is true...I brewed a batch and gave some to a biologist friend he tried it loved it and started testing on it last year...Somehow the starch locks up the bad stuff in your media ....strips it... and flushes it and the tea re adds just enough of those good traces to unlock the potential of your media ...So who knows we may see some good stuff enter the market from it...Since it is Gram's trick plus one added part... if he can get a patent for it... he said... my names goes on the patent too... which I think would be way past kewl ...All I know is that it works great and has never let me down.

MW

is this good for any sickness ? similar to aspirin .. recently i read aspirin can save plants too =/

I guess they say the proof is in the pudding this is alice on day three after breaking ground on straight tater tea

enjoy

a1.JPG

a2.JPG

a3.JPG

Honesty Crozar I use it a a regular part of all feeding adding other supplements...Issues I have tried it on for others on, are nutrient burn, over watering, spots , leaf curl, nute lock out and about 50 other issues it is the first thing I always try, but then I also raise lilies and orchids...It will not help with insects or mites.

MW

but that's just my 2 cents pointing to alice above and laughing hard

What kind of effect does it have on your PH? Does it raise or Lower it?...take care..

Budders Keeper said:
I'm gonna be digging up a couple taters early this year. Hopefully they're mature enough for this...hard to check trich's underground;)

:giggle:

@Budders Keeper....Reading that and darn near falling out of My chair ...Oh jeeze thats funny wiping tears from laughing so hard.

@Sir_Tokie...The Ph of the tea is 5.5 ...my sorta soil mix "Which is my own strange concoction" is just barely touching 6 on the meter...I brought in a sick orchid for a friend the other day tested it ...and it darn near pegged out My ph meter 2 days ago and after the flush and some good light and tlc and tater tea it is reading 6.3 today.

@TURKEYNECK...Stacking up quarters around alice hoping every quarter brings a 1/4 ...stacking up 28 of them and saying a prayer to the canna gods ...Grinz

So it sounds like to me that it could be considered a buffer agent for the soil as well as a quick fix for plant problems., If this is true then great, you know I have been growing MJ for 30+ yrs mostly outdoors and it seems that I learn something new at least 2 or 3 times a week on the forum here. Guess it goes to show that you can teach an old dog new tricks...take care..

@Sir_Tokie...Glad you dropped by ST...And Yeppers I agree...Thinking what was that other comment Wille made I really like ...I think it was..."Day ya stop learning is the day you grow old and start dying" Well me I'm not ready to growl old or start dying yet...Have yourself a great day ST

Latest posts

Back