TEN foot tall Afghan plants!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldSkool

Stubborn as an ol' mule..
Reaction score
Canada troops battle 10-foot Afghan marijuana plants POSTED: 5:12 p.m. EDT, October 12, 2006 Adjust font size: Decrease fontDecrease font Enlarge fontEnlarge font

OTTAWA, Canada (Reuters) -- Canadian troops fighting Taliban militants in Afghanistan have stumbled across an unexpected and potent enemy -- almost impenetrable forests of marijuana plants 10 feet tall.

General Rick Hillier, chief of the Canadian defense staff, said Thursday that Taliban fighters were using the forests as cover. In response, the crew of at least one armored car had camouflaged their vehicle with marijuana.

"The challenge is that marijuana plants absorb energy, heat very readily. It's very difficult to penetrate with thermal devices. ... And as a result you really have to be careful that the Taliban don't dodge in and out of those marijuana forests," he said in a speech in Ottawa, Canada.

"We tried burning them with white phosphorous -- it didn't work. We tried burning them with diesel -- it didn't work. The plants are so full of water right now ... that we simply couldn't burn them," he said.

Even successful incineration had its drawbacks.

"A couple of brown plants on the edges of some of those [forests] did catch on fire. But a section of soldiers that was downwind from that had some ill effects and decided that was probably not the right course of action," Hiller said dryly.

One soldier told him later: "Sir, three years ago before I joined the army, I never thought I'd say 'That damn marijuana'."

Now what kills me is that I thought Afghan was an Indica variety.
Short, bushy, 3 to 4 feet tall at most. Now they find TEN foot tall weed in Afghanistan, land of rocks, sand, and the taliban.
What gives here?

They have met a formidable opponent and it is 10 feet tall marijuana plants!

It sounds like a movie script idea.

"Attack of the 10ft Tall Marijuana Plants!!"

Is this for real ? LOL .........oh my gosh reading through i was on the floor laughing :D :rofl: :rofl: :laugh: . Forest of 10 feets marijuana in Afgan ...:holysheep: ....kakakaka .....i go sign up with the army right away !!!

Heh, really! And the bummer is, they COULDN"T get it lit!!!

I can't find a pic anywhere on the web today. Just two days ago there was an accompanying picture showing a couple of soldiers walking by these humoungus plants in full bloom. Awesome sight I'll tell ya!

There`s a picture here
hxxp://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15239501/from/ET/

where the heck is napalm at, that crap will burn anything and a lot of it at one time. burn it with napalm and let me know what day it is, and I will ride in a hot air balloon over it to see how it burns and film it Hee Hee:cool:

There`s a picture here
hxxp://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15239501/from/ET/

Good God ........that some awesome plants . LOL Taliban troops using marijuana plants as forest to cover up their locations ? Blaze that forest up in smoke and .....the enemy will get high from 2 mils away , after that they wont be able to hold a damn gun:hubba: . :yay: .

Sorry but you need to take in account of the terrain. Even here in Eastrn. Wash. we get trees here easy. Its almost a joke how big they can get. 10' to 12' isnt that hard if you have the weather and water...
I have a bagseed indi thats over 9' right now and the sativa bagseed is 7' long( heavy lst) with 6 ,5' limbs ~

another med patient here has his outside in his backyard and the leo's have been there three times due to their size and smell.

Seriously can a med patient grow them plants outside their yards ? I though they have to get a grow area indoor and have to be inpected by the local med agency before start growing . if a med patient cant grow then he/she can get some from the med labs right ?

Did you guys seen the King of Cannabis on Strain Hunt in africa vids.....big big big plants and vast growing fields .....acres of them . Only that people who growing them put in good uses ...:D

P.S
Christmas is coming guys . Is anyone in here ever try to use one of the big tall plants as xmas tree and decorate it with ornaments + colored lights? I think im might trying something like that . Would smell good also ! Just my thought

I'm in washington state and the short answer is yes to outside"IF" not in direct view from the street. Or so it seeems to be with most of my friends who have od grows this yr.
As far as getting clones etc in this state ; No is the short answer.

Here's the pic for your perusal, thanks to Drone for the link I couldn't locate!

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15239501/from/ET/

061012_plants_vmed_2p_widec.jpg

Latest posts

Back