Tent Growers Club....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome aboard Amateur Grower, glad you could join us my friend.

so whos the mayor of this here tent city? :D
never wandered into tent city before. but actually have a tent situation im hopin I could get some input from some ya tent dwellers....
AGROMAX 4x4-- any other users of htg's agromax? I got one while back just never used it. set it up and was disgusted by how lame and primitive tents were . but thas jus my own opinion. I but I have also never seen a tent in person ever, nor have I grown in one either. just form what im used to (building my own cabs etc form good ol solid wood and) I guess I was just expection something a lil better for price tag. im jus sayin i coulda built a pretty wicked set up fro under 200$ and things would be exactly how need and want them to be.
anyways... i set it up put it back in box and dug back out again and this thing still gots this atrocious smell to it. when i initially ddi the first setup to see tent the first time, it had same smell and i let it set up unzipped doors etc and left like that in an empty room for over a month to see if smell would leave and never did.
honest to god tho and this is sno lie, anytime id go into that room whiel it was setup and spent any amount of time in there doin wat ever it is i was doin after few minutes my vision would get blurry and id start to cough and nose water etc...
soon as i boxed it back up and put away somewhere i never ahd reaction again in the same room so i know it was the tent.
im sure these things give off some sorta odor at first due to manufacturing etc. but i think mines a lil ridiculous tbh. or maybe im just sensitive to some glue or material they used on it more than most people are. idk..
i also already did a return replacement on it over year back and was told if wanted to return for money back after second oen was stinky too that id be hit wit restockin fee and pay my own shippin to send back so i said to hell wit HTG and just stuck it in storage til recently.
but only it still makes me react to the smell of it.
so im curious is this normal or wat? am i possible just one the unlucky growers who might be allergic to some component in grow tent ? or is there some trick to get rid the smell.?
or worst yet, could it be possible its the whoel dreaded plant killing opffgassing thing? LOL. idk either way the thinsg pretty much worthless and will stay in a box forever unless i can fix n solve issue if able to. just don't wanan be havin to setup and fold back down and repackagae it over an over tryin to figure how to resolve things, and ruining it in process either.
thanks

Hey TGC! I want to use the space I have wisely, so I'm looking for 2 6'x4' tents. I found 4'x4' and 8'x4' on the internet but not my size. I may have to settle for 2 4'x4'. I currently have an 8'x8'....any suggestion?

so whos the mayor of this here tent city? :D
never wandered into tent city before. but actually have a tent situation im hopin I could get some input from some ya tent dwellers....
AGROMAX 4x4-- any other users of htg's agromax? I got one while back just never used it. set it up and was disgusted by how lame and primitive tents were . but thas jus my own opinion. I but I have also never seen a tent in person ever, nor have I grown in one either. just form what im used to (building my own cabs etc form good ol solid wood and) I guess I was just expection something a lil better for price tag. im jus sayin i coulda built a pretty wicked set up fro under 200$ and things would be exactly how need and want them to be.
anyways... i set it up put it back in box and dug back out again and this thing still gots this atrocious smell to it. when i initially ddi the first setup to see tent the first time, it had same smell and i let it set up unzipped doors etc and left like that in an empty room for over a month to see if smell would leave and never did.
honest to god tho and this is sno lie, anytime id go into that room whiel it was setup and spent any amount of time in there doin wat ever it is i was doin after few minutes my vision would get blurry and id start to cough and nose water etc...
soon as i boxed it back up and put away somewhere i never ahd reaction again in the same room so i know it was the tent.
im sure these things give off some sorta odor at first due to manufacturing etc. but i think mines a lil ridiculous tbh. or maybe im just sensitive to some glue or material they used on it more than most people are. idk..
i also already did a return replacement on it over year back and was told if wanted to return for money back after second oen was stinky too that id be hit wit restockin fee and pay my own shippin to send back so i said to hell wit HTG and just stuck it in storage til recently.
but only it still makes me react to the smell of it.
so im curious is this normal or wat? am i possible just one the unlucky growers who might be allergic to some component in grow tent ? or is there some trick to get rid the smell.?
or worst yet, could it be possible its the whoel dreaded plant killing opffgassing thing? LOL. idk either way the thinsg pretty much worthless and will stay in a box forever unless i can fix n solve issue if able to. just don't wanan be havin to setup and fold back down and repackagae it over an over tryin to figure how to resolve things, and ruining it in process either.
thanks

I think it was back in the early 2000's that there was issues with off gassing in certain tents. By the time I had bought my first tent it had been fixed. If you bought your tent way back then this might be your problem. As far as I know they stopped selling the bad tents years ago.

Hey TGC! I want to use the space I have wisely, so I'm looking for 2 6'x4' tents. I found 4'x4' and 8'x4' on the internet but not my size. I may have to settle for 2 4'x4'. I currently have an 8'x8'....any suggestion?

I have not seen tents in the 6x4 size. I have a couple 2x4x5's and a 4x4x6.5 that i use for flower. If I come across one I will post a link to it or pm you.

Thanks DC! I scoped a few that look close and my eyes say yes, so I'll give them another week and a half. Been real hot here and had a big humidity spike. Hit 84%in the tent. I added another fan so fingers crossed. Big prob I'm faced with now is I have no place to hang and dry them unless I use my tent. I have a bunch of cuts from each plant so I wanted to move right into another flower cycle. But I guess some more grow time won't hurt.
I looked everywhere for a 6/4 tent. The only thing I could come up with is a 4/4 with a 2/4 add on kit.

Welcome to MP. It seems you have definitely done your homework so kudos on that. Let me try and help you with a few things.

If you have a HPS magnetic ballast a MH bulb won't work in it. You would need a MH conversion bulb. You have a couple different options for vegging. I like vegging under HO T5's but cfls will work also. You could also veg under the HPS. It won't have optimal results but it will work. If you go that route you want to make sure the light is far enough away in the beginning.
I would ditch the yo yo hangers and get progrip or a clone of them. Yo yo hangers suck.
As for soil, you have to use nutrients in addition to your soil unless you are running an all organic super soil. You want to try and use a soil with none of the time released nutrients like Miracle Grow.
Hope that helps.

Glad you told him NOT to use Miracle Killer

I guess i get it no m grow i learned the hard way i wish i had been here 3 mounths ago when i planned my last grow now my funds are depleated and i will save up my money and start again this time i'll do what i do best hydroponics,last time it took me 3 times but i fineally got it,boy is it complacated but that is the fun of all of this hobby you learn and it is in my nature,thank you for everyones help for informing me about the slow release thing i never thoght of that i guess that is why you are here to help us newbies,and in turn we will help others some day with your no how later 8

Hey guys. I've been growing auto flowers for the last 18 months. All have been great and gave me about a 80 day turn around. Some better crops than others but my issue is with this one that just doesn't start budding. They have been on a 24 hr cycle so just yesterday I started a 12 12 cycle to see if she starts flowering. Norm if they take a little longer I switch to flowering nuts and there good. But this one still nothing. Keeps growing and is huge. She's almost 4 months old I super cropped her she's 5 feet tall w like 10 main stems. I'm wondering if this one might turn male or something. Or mess up my 3 new ones going in. If any one can help me w these questions I'd be very grateful. I am not an experienced grower but have learned so much from this site and sites like it. I really appreciate the input. Thanks again. Happy 420 ��

View attachment image.jpg

Yeah, I kinda doubt that she's an auto at this point. Could have been an errant "reg" seed that got dropped in the pack, or an errant gene that locked out the auto trait. She looks like she is ready to rock and roll though. I would mover her to her own house and give her 12/12. I would first take cuttings(from lower on the plant) and put them into rooter cubes with some clonex gel to make some clones as you may have a real keeper. Then I would put her in the flowering place and bend as many of those branches over to open her up to the light, then sit back and be amazed at the yield to come :)

Yea thanks for the input guys. I'll keep u guys posted. I've had em 12/12 cycle for like 2 days now so let's see. What would it look like if it was a male plant???

number 4 here hehe
right down to the good stuff first up is the flower tent
hydrolab 165xl 165x65x180cm 4inch fan/can 600watt duel spec cooltube
and number 2 is a wardrobe for veg (if thats aloud)
75x55x180 4inch fan no filter and a 250watt blue CFL
heres the pick

Your set up is so cool👍

Welcome to our 2 newest members: dgarcia9951 and Espresso7. Welcome aboard.

Latest posts

Back