Tent Wars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TentFarmer

Super Doobie
Reaction score
I've got a 4x4x7 tent. Anyone interested in a max yield contest? I would say all tents are enter able, with a total grams/cubic feet of tent /watts ratio.

I just think it would be cool to see what technique or more likely what group of techniques provides the best results.

I would say Soil, Hydro and Aero would all be allowed (and encouraged).

Different techniques (LST, HST,SCOG, etc) encouraged.

No limitations or rules except for a perpetual harvest method. All plants go from veg to flower at the same time.

If it sounds like fun or variations of it, then drop a line.

If I sound like I'm nuts, feel free to confirm what the Dr.'s have already told me.

im in... just one plant??

i do aero - 2 x 150W cfl's for veg and 400W HPS for flower.
i like the FIM technique.

so, i called that category... :D

what date were you thinking of starting? - from seed i would imagine...

who are the judges?
does MAX YIELD mean best herb.?.. :chuck: - I SAY NO!

there are going to have to be some rules... :holysheep:

I know that max yield doesn't necessarily equal max quality, but it will be a bit tough to test on quality. We could vote on looks but the better manicure job could make a big difference.

I don't know if saying just one plant would be fair. I know with 600 watt hps I could scog to give myself a bit of an advantage.

I would say that if we have judges who aren't participating in the grow, then they should get some say as to the testing criteria.

I know this site is full of opinions. Lets hear some :)

Excellent idea :)

I cant grow in a tent but it would be interesting to watch.

:peace:

Genetics will play a big roll in the outcome. No tent for this guy but on with the show, I'll pull up a chair.

I would be willing to go with a specific strain if you guys/gals want. I have a few different strains to pick from (White widow, blueberry, strawberry cough, supper skunk, etc).

I'm thinking if we can get a few dirt, a few hydro, a few aero all using whatever else they want. If we see much better results across the board then we would all have a better basis of knowledge then "they guy at the store said the most expensive system is the best."

Lets get at least a handful of people interested in competing and another handful of people willing to judge. Once we have enough differing opinions that we could start a government, we'll (mostly) agree on some rules and get started.

I personally would hate to say that we need to start at a seed. If were putting a time constraint on this then I could see the validity. I like to clone as then I like to only deal with one set of genetics. For me less variables = more bud. However if someone wants to grow 4 big plants where as I generally go for more smaller plants, there will be a difference in grow times due to different veg/flowering times.

I know we have more opinions floating around this site, lets hear them.

Thats an awesome idea. I wish I had a tent to join in with. Ill be watching though

How many people who don't have a tent would be interested in participating if a tent wasn't a prerequisite. I could just start a new thread called "Bud Wars."

I just haven't seen much side by side comparisons for new growers.

Better yet we just restrict the strain. Maybe we do "Widow Wars."

I'm thinking of getting the same tent as you (size wise) as I will have the space soon but until then I'm watching this because I'd love to see how much you can get out of that. I would think maybe a smaller flower area and a veg. area with a mother or two or three would be best though ;)

i just wanna be a judge. Im about to start flowering so competing is out of the question for me. I think if you really want a contest which is fair your gonna have to stick to a certain strain. it will be really cool to finnally be able to say which growing technique is more superb and which FERTILIZERS work best as well.

Latest posts

Back