the $20 hps is no more.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalikisu

Reaction score
Hey fellow stoners pothead and growers,I went to econolights in hopes of getting the $20 hps but its gone. They are either out or discontinued. They do have other lights on there though. But this is just a public service annoucement. Insidesun still has the $99 400 hps. But with my limits and bills and taxes....well I may have to make a way. One good thing the weather in my area is 50-65 daytime highs so I guess its out for the day in for the night with my wimpy 70 watt hps and cfls. SUCKS!

got my 400W MH for 20 bucks + s/h (came in under 50 bucks) on ebay in the industrial section with a new bulb taboot ;)
lotta places closing up shop right now :( everything going to china to be made. but industrial used HID lighting is everywhere if ya know where to look. ;)
seen 100 250W MH highbays on an industiral auction site go for 100 bucks other day ;) shipping would kill ya tho :(

Yeah its really the shipping i worry about cuz i would def get the $99 400 but hey i aint in flower for at least 4 weeks and waiting on seeds from nirvana.

I'd get it :D
mag ballast gets hot as hell. batwing ain't great for heat. I owned a 250W from inside. I was happy, but all he did was remote a highbay ballast and tossed on a batwing ;) heck even craigslist got the highbays locally, just need to get a decent hood or make one and its cash no online stuff just drive and pick it up ;) I just hang mine vert will get a cool tube one day, but nothing a fan ain't handling right now in a cold closet.
I'm just cheap i guess :p I don't pay for soil, ferts, just some elec. LOL

I feel ya. Eh may not got the money for the girls but got alot of love.

glad i got mine befor they stoped selling them!!! i got 4

kalikisu said:
Hey fellow stoners pothead and growers,I went to econolights in hopes of getting the $20 hps but its gone. They are either out or discontinued. They do have other lights on there though. But this is just a public service annoucement. ...

I just got a catalog from them in the mail last week and both the ceiling and pendant mount 150W HPS were in there. I have 2 and was thinking about buying a 3rd to have an extra bulb and ballast around.

you can get a 400 hps on Ebay 4 $105 @ the door (80+ s/h bulb included)its referbished,had mine 1.5 years-no prob.

It s official the $20 bulb is sold no more from econolight. I got the catalog and called to order and they said they discontinued it. I think they should take it out of the catalog if they dont sell it but oh well. I got their 150 watt for 50 bucks. thats the best I could do.

I posted this in another thread, but here goes again. I called them the other day, the $20 150 watt HPS was discontinued due to lack of sales. E-conolight still stocks replacement ballasts and bulbs and 1 of each costs about $28 plus shipping. I ordered a replacement ballast and 2 bulbs - they came yesterday.

Does anyone know of any sites that ship international?

Just thought Id bring this post back up just in case anyone of the new members see the old references to the $20 hps. But hey everyone dont fret there is always ebay.

Latest posts

Back