The Coliseum!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pimpdaddycoolz

Reaction score
Anyone tried it? or i mean OWN one? or KNOW someone that owns one? or something similar to it, such as the "Amazing Ecosystem" or the "Gi Grow Mega System"?

I was thinkin about ordering the "amazing ecosystem" before i start my new crop. Im lookin for the long haul ya know? sumthin quick and on a larger scale for fellow Prop 215 patients that i know.

I was curious how well they work?

I read something about producing 6 LBS every 3 months. I know a lot of you guys talk about how this community is not for DRUG DEALERS or what not, but it's not illegal under my circumstances. My cousin has lupus and goes through chemotherapy and i have a few other friends/ family members that are patients as well. just an update if your curious why i want to go so big....

But thanks any info on ANY of the systems would be great!!!!

don't see it as a big producer. you would have to keep them small or maybe use an auto flowering mj. lighting would need to be suspended inside as well to reach the lower parts of the unit. this would be great for herbs but i don't see it good for MJ

Whats up pimpdaddy, there is an article all about those couple systems in Augusts High times, interesting read.

pimpdaddycoolz said:
Anyone tried it? or i mean OWN one? or KNOW someone that owns one? or something similar to it, such as the "Amazing Ecosystem" or the "Gi Grow Mega System"?

I was thinkin about ordering the "amazing ecosystem" before i start my new crop. Im lookin for the long haul ya know? sumthin quick and on a larger scale for fellow Prop 215 patients that i know.

I was curious how well they work?

I read something about producing 6 LBS every 3 months. I know a lot of you guys talk about how this community is not for DRUG DEALERS or what not, but it's not illegal under my circumstances. My cousin has lupus and goes through chemotherapy and i have a few other friends/ family members that are patients as well. just an update if your curious why i want to go so big....

But thanks any info on ANY of the systems would be great!!!!

...6 LBS every 3 months...Wow, you have WAY more friends than I have...

My thoughts on these fancier, produce more systems is a little cynical. If these worked and produced like they said, everyone would be using this method to grow. I would imagine that virtually every growing method under the sun has been tried to increase production. While there are advanced methods that can help--topping, fimming, supercropping, etc--I don't think that there is any one method or system that can be deemed far superior. In addition, even if you live in a state where medical marijuana is legal, there is still a restriction on the number of plants you can grow--140-200 plants are a lot of plants.

OK, my 2 cents on this. I saw an AMAZING thing, I wish I could have took some pics.

This cat had 2 plants. Vegged them to about 6 foot 6". Put them in a TALL flower room. He tied th plants up from the ceiling and hung 3-600 watt hps vertically in the middle of the two plants. So, one near the bottom,middle and top of the plants.
This caused the plant to "push" it's growth to twords the light , which in turn he would secure the branches to the ceiling, thus creating a Coliseum effect.

He pulled over 4 lbs of SUPER dank. (Hindu Kush). It was by far the best yeilding set-up with minimal plants I have ever seen.

sounds commercial to me,jmo
if i could grow 4 lbs of good smoke from one plant that would solve all myroblems.i would only have to grow 2 plants a year.sounds good norcalhal.hope to hear more about this

andy52 said:
sounds commercial to me,jmo
if i could grow 4 lbs of good smoke from one plant that would solve all myroblems.i would only have to grow 2 plants a year.sounds good norcalhal.hope to hear more about this

While 4 lbs of dank is a lot of dank, when I figured this out, it comes to just slightly under 1 gram per watt of light. That is not a yield that I get, but I think there are several here that get that kind of yield.

I find vertical lighting very intriguing--it gives you the advantage of being able to use all 360 degrees of light. Simply being able to use virtually all of your light should certainly make for a better yield.

I wish I could get some pics for u all :(

Andy, 3-600's is far from a commercial grow. At least where I am at, you have to get over 8kwatts to even get pro status. And that is still small in comparison to others.

HempGoddess, I hear ya, He has told me of harvests bigger then that with his method. The WHOLE plant,top to bottom is all HUGE colas. The light penetrates the whole plant. He also uses DWC as the medium.

For myself, it would entail changing too many things with a successful system that I run. Plus, veggin' girls to 6'6' requires lots of skill.

sounds intriging to me.i've always thought about hanging some lights on the sides and the middle.but someone tole me it was futile.doesn't sound very futile to me now.good post norcalhal.i would sure love to see that myself.always something new to think about.but there is no way i could grow a plant that tall.unless i cut the floor out of my basement ceiling,lol

your right, 140 - 200 plants is a lot hemp goddess but my intentions were the legal limit of 100 in sonoma county and vegging for a while. Your correct, it is a commercial type of grow, but 1 grow would last my friends/family and i all year on 6 pounds. selling to them would get my money back and be a quick and easy set up, correct? anyways!!!! ill have to do a little more research on it, and thanks for advice!

And also hemp goddess, not everyone can afford $6000 or better per grow...

In reality, it cost nearly $4500 for the system, a grand for clones, $250 a month on electricity (in my case with my canister fan running as well on 12/12), and other necesities such as nutrients, quite possibbly pesticides/fungicides, etc. Not to mention, on top of that $250 for running two 600 watts and the fan, i would also be running the pump for the hydro system, and only god knows how much that would cost.

So i honestly DONT think that everyone would be using this method if it worked, no. its an expensive set up. But if 6 pounds was the possibility, id for sure try it. Considering i charge my family/friends 200 an oz (and lets be honest, who does that? no one in california, atleast not for some dank. and not to sound cocky, but i've always grown some high grade cannabis. Club price... minimum of 300 an oz) for reimbursement for my costs. Not only would i get my money back on that first grow, but i would be set for atleast 2 more grows. at the very least. With that, i can sell to the cannabis clubs which is the only way they obtain their weed, through growers. Im a full time student as well. Im taking 20 units and its hard enough with that, and taking care of my family, and having a job. i could put myself through school and do something beneficial for myself and others....

Just my emphasis on your reply...

pimpdaddycoolz said:
your right, 140 - 200 plants is a lot hemp goddess but my intentions were the legal limit of 100 in sonoma county and vegging for a while. Your correct, it is a commercial type of grow, but 1 grow would last my friends/family and i all year on 6 pounds. selling to them would get my money back and be a quick and easy set up, correct? anyways!!!! ill have to do a little more research on it, and thanks for advice!

And also hemp goddess, not everyone can afford $6000 or better per grow...

In reality, it cost nearly $4500 for the system, a grand for clones, $250 a month on electricity (in my case with my canister fan running as well on 12/12), and other necesities such as nutrients, quite possibbly pesticides/fungicides, etc. Not to mention, on top of that $250 for running two 600 watts and the fan, i would also be running the pump for the hydro system, and only god knows how much that would cost.

So i honestly DONT think that everyone would be using this method if it worked, no. its an expensive set up. But if 6 pounds was the possibility, id for sure try it. Considering i charge my family/friends 200 an oz (and lets be honest, who does that? no one in california, atleast not for some dank. and not to sound cocky, but i've always grown some high grade cannabis. Club price... minimum of 300 an oz) for reimbursement for my costs. Not only would i get my money back on that first grow, but i would be set for atleast 2 more grows. at the very least. With that, i can sell to the cannabis clubs which is the only way they obtain their weed, through growers. Im a full time student as well. Im taking 20 units and its hard enough with that, and taking care of my family, and having a job. i could put myself through school and do something beneficial for myself and others....

Just my emphasis on your reply...

"...And also hemp goddess, not everyone can afford $6000 or better per grow..." What in the world does this mean? If you are growing for personal use, you can set a grow up for a fraction of that.

And, well, I have to say that, in my book, anyone that sells to their family and friends for 200 MINIMUM an oz, a MINIMUM of $300 to sick people...well that is commercial growing.

I at one time went to college, worked full time, and had a family to take care of too. It was tough, but way doable.

I'm sorry, but IMO $300+ per oz represents a rather large profit...a commercial grow.

The Hemp Goddess said:
"

I'm sorry, but IMO $300+ per oz represents a rather large profit...a commercial grow.

Not really young lady. A little steep, but not by much. Much respect to you also Hemp Goddess.

Alot of MMJ patients sell thier extra to clubs out here in cali. If I hit it big, I might take a lb to the clubs and the average wholesale price for top quality is $250 an oz. The price goes down from there for lesser quality.
The clubs sell top quality for a MINIMUM of $350 an oz, and 50-70 an eigth.
A little story. I just took a good friend to get his Rec from the Doc. We went to a few clubs to show him the deal. I found some stuff called Sour Push, super dank and total head smoke. I paid $262 for a half oz. No breaks. Straight $60 an eigth plus California state tax which brings it to $65.25 an eigth. The grower only got his $4,000 a lb for it.
Now, who should make the money? The Club or the grower? I can quarentee that if I sold a top quality lb for say, $150 an oz, the clubs would still sell it for$55-60 an eigth.
So, imho, $200 an oz for dank is pretty fair.

How can I say this....

Everyone and thier brother has at least 1000kw rocking. Alot of folks run 2-4000w as an average set-up out here. On a good click, you can harvest quite a bit. These are average grows out here in cali, rather small.

Commercial grows are entirely different. We are talking a minimum of 20,000w up to 60,000w. Hundreds of plants and thousands of clones.
Thats commercial.

NorCalHal said:
Not really young lady. A little steep, but not by much. Much respect to you also Hemp Goddess.

Alot of MMJ patients sell thier extra to clubs out here in cali. If I hit it big, I might take a lb to the clubs and the average wholesale price for top quality is $250 an oz. The price goes down from there for lesser quality.
The clubs sell top quality for a MINIMUM of $350 an oz, and 50-70 an eigth.
A little story. I just took a good friend to get his Rec from the Doc. We went to a few clubs to show him the deal. I found some stuff called Sour Push, super dank and total head smoke. I paid $262 for a half oz. No breaks. Straight $60 an eigth plus California state tax which brings it to $65.25 an eigth. The grower only got his $4,000 a lb for it.
Now, who should make the money? The Club or the grower? I can quarentee that if I sold a top quality lb for say, $150 an oz, the clubs would still sell it for$55-60 an eigth.
So, imho, $200 an oz for dank is pretty fair.

How can I say this....

Everyone and thier brother has at least 1000kw rocking. Alot of folks run 2-4000w as an average set-up out here. On a good click, you can harvest quite a bit. These are average grows out here in cali, rather small.

Commercial grows are entirely different. We are talking a minimum of 20,000w up to 60,000w. Hundreds of plants and thousands of clones.
Thats commercial.

I guess that you and I just have a different definition of "commercial" growing. Regardless of what the market is or what the market will bear, if you are selling a commodity at a large mark up, you are a commercial enterprise. `

I don't really think the size of operation matters--it is the desire to make a large profit that makes it a commercial enterprise. The little tiny mom and pop convenience store is a commercial enterprise just a Wal-Mart is.

Just my .02

:48:

Great retort. As I have said, much respect.

Over my years of growing, I have got better and better. My yields have also improved. And believe me, I spread the love all the time. I "barter" alot of extra to various folks. Like my Butcher for instance, gotta love a stoner butcher!! Too bad I am going to die from colon cancer for all the red meat I eat! lol.

I guess the definition of large profit is at question here also.
The Attorny General here in Cali just relesed the State Guidlines for MMJ last week. It states that you can sell your excess herb to the clubs to compensate your time and costs of the grow. What is out time worth?

Now, you have to understand, I am not out to make $$, I am fortunate and $$ is not a big factor for me. I make good $$ at my real job (tech guy).
BUT, I am not willing to let my extra go to a club who in turn is going to triple thier investment. I am going after what is deemed "fair".

I understand what both of you are saying and where you are both coming from. I have to admit that the clubs seem to not really be helping sick people as the sickist people who need the meds the most would be unable to afford it.

Is it not possible to strike a deal with the clubs in which you sell them oz's at a highly discounted price, but they in turn must pass along the same savings.

MJ in general in Cali really seems to have become a cash crop, I mean it is a cash crop everywhere, but it seems that like other commerical products, it is the demand that sets the price as opposed to the actual cost of production, kind of like crude oil.

massproducer said:
I understand what both of you are saying and where you are both coming from. I have to admit that the clubs seem to not really be helping sick people as the sickist people who need the meds the most would be unable to afford it.

Is it not possible to strike a deal with the clubs in which you sell them oz's at a highly discounted price, but they in turn must pass along the same savings.

MJ in general in Cali really seems to have become a cash crop, I mean it is a cash crop everywhere, but it seems that like other commerical products, it is the demand that sets the price as opposed to the actual cost of production, kind of like crude oil.

I agree. And growers should certainly make more than the "middle man"--the clubs. I guess that I don't know why this should be different than other commodities. Prices are set by supply and demand--that is just the way it is. The farmers don't get squat for their crops, but by the time their products hit the store shelves, someone has made some money.

Six lbs is 96 ozs--96 ozs @ $250/oz=$24000. One person can do this 4+ times a year for minimal operation costs after the initial purchase of equipment. That just seems like a lot of money to me...

NorCalHal said:

Thats commercial.
silly me...i was worried about one 400 and a few extra plants:)

regardless, I didnt really ask for your opinion on whether or not its gonna be a commercial grow... i asked if anyone has used the coliseum. And your reply should have been somewhere along the lines of "No.... Or yes!"

You think the clubs are gonna give MEE anything for my buds? NO! they make the profit. I grow for them. either way, people need their meds and its a shame how much a person has to pay for it. Im not going to supply to how ever many people need it, thats not my job. I decided that my investments help people who are going to need it in any case.

Just as an example... the nearest club to my city is well over an hour away.... One's just opened up in my city and $25 and eighth doesnt sound bad to me. But when i walk in there and i only see and oz, its kinda shameful. No one can buy much here cuz there are no suppliers, but there are plenty of people who need it.

AND BOO HOO! you had to work and go to school and deal with family... Sucks huh????

back on topic, thank you everyone for the advice! I really appriciate it. But due to my aunt! who is a crack head (literally) and her having a baby, i cant obtain it anyways. New family addition and she's doin her own thing. But im not willing to jeopardise my niece for something like that. Its been a long time comming!

Latest posts

Back