The damage is done...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi out there!

I'm a rookie that's learning as it goes.
Got a BB Cheese in the running and one night the baby grew to tall all of the sudden. The top of the plant got burned by heat.

The damage is done, life goes on, but what shall I do with the "burned" part of it? My newbiefright for more harm then gain stoped me from topping the plant (fairly noticed to next growth).

What will the step forward for the damaged part go? Slice and dice it off? Any advice??

IMG_1055.JPG

i suppose you could chop the burnt part but i would get more advice first. the rest of your plant will still do cool things.

It's hard to tell how badly burnt it is. Are the buds badly burnt? I don't know whether you should chop it off or not.

When a plant gets too tall, you can gently tie it down, bend it over, effectively making it shorter.

I recently had a light fall on me - luckily I was right there. A small portion of the top cola on my plant was burnt. I simply rode it out until harvest and cleaned her up then.

In the past I've also cut burnt, necrotic sections out with very little impact to rest of the plant. If the entire bud is damaged I would simply cut it imo. Let the secondary get the light. Best of luck

Latest posts

Back