The future of MMJ

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fadeux

Intelligent Moron
Reaction score
Ok, while trying to not inject politics into this thread, I would like to know what people think will happen with MMJ given the new government that we have. Obama is against decriminaliztion (from Norml.org) and congress has been, in the past, as well against it.

Now that dems have the house, the senate, and the executive branch, what do you honestly think will come of MMJ. Will this be an expansion for us, a standstill, or a regression? Like I said, I don't want politics in this, I just want to know what people think could/will happen.

IMO, I think the big pharmaceutical company's have our politicians in their back pockets. With big money in the drug business, drug company's don't want it to be legal. Considering mosts senators and congressmen are lawyers, Billions of lost revenue would come from legalizing MM. So in my opinion it's all about money, not the health benefit or the low cost of this powerful medicine. So whether it be democrats or republicans who control the power in Washington not much will change. Most states that have implemented MM laws was caused by vote via propositions by the people. So unless you stop the high price lobbyist with their special interests. We the people will not have a voice. Take for example the "bailout" of 700 billion dollars givin to banks that were totally irresponsible giving loans and bonuses to their own. People called their congressmen and senators and 9 out of ten people opposed it. But they didn't listen to us, they listens to those high priced lobbyists that have been giving them money for years. So IMO, same old **.

We are heading in the right direction.
It is my hope that the new administration will uphold thier promise of stopping Federal raids against MMJ patients in the states that have MMJ legalized.
This will be the first step. If this does happen, it will have a huge impact.

The next thing to watch is the "Measure z" clubs in Oakland. You do NOT have to be a MMJ patient to buy herb from a Measure Z club. You only have to be an adult (18). There are a few of these clubs starting to go up in Oakland, so we will have to see hoe FEDLEO handles this and what they do.
This is basically decrimilazation of MJ in the City of Oakland. As I said, this will be the next step in pushing the envelope.

IMO, how they handle Oakland and Measure Z is what is going to dictate where we are at in total decrimialzation.

Lets face it folks. MMJ is a stepping stone to the goals of NORML and all other Pro-MJ groups. NORML tried all thru the 70's-80's to get MJ legal, to no avail. MMJ was an avenue that brought compassion to the eyes of the public, and along with that came the votes.
IMO, it is close to having to split off the MMJ tract and get on the Just Legalize it tract. I think we are still a few years off, but that is the next step.

tesla said:
IMO, I think the big pharmaceutical company's have our politicians in their back pockets. With big money in the drug business, drug company's don't want it to be legal. Considering mosts senators and congressmen are lawyers, Billions of lost revenue would come from legalizing MM. So in my opinion it's all about money, not the health benefit or the low cost of this powerful medicine. So whether it be democrats or republicans who control the power in Washington not much will change. Most states that have implemented MM laws was caused by vote via propositions by the people. So unless you stop the high price lobbyist with their special interests. We the people will not have a voice. Take for example the "bailout" of 700 billion dollars givin to banks that were totally irresponsible giving loans and bonuses to their own. People called their congressmen and senators and 9 out of ten people opposed it. But they didn't listen to us, they listens to those high priced lobbyists that have been giving them money for years. So IMO, same old **.
NorCalHal said:
We are heading in the right direction.
It is my hope that the new administration will uphold thier promise of stopping Federal raids against MMJ patients in the states that have MMJ legalized.
This will be the first step. If this does happen, it will have a huge impact.
^^^

Latest posts

Back