The Mad Doctor's Neverending Experiment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KaliKitsune

Hotboxed Fox
Reaction score
I'm suspending this journal until something reasonable happens.

I own the rights to all of my pictures and videos. I choose to not upload them to this site and that is my right as the copyright holder of the photographs and video footage. I pay for hosting of my pictures and videos, and I keep it there and ONLY there. If this can't be respected, fine. This rule #7 of yours is morally and ethically bankrupt, and it robs people of their property rights.

hey are you a weed scienitas however you spell it??????? you sound like you now alot aboutMJ.....

the least you could have done was give it the best start possible by getting the best soil possible not the cheap stuff from homedepot..
experiment on and goodluck

gettinggray1964 said:
hey are you a weed scienitas however you spell it??????? you sound like you now alot aboutMJ.....

I've been growing for half a decade, and while I do have credentials concerning horticultural science I'm by no means a scientist - consider me more of a researcher, if you will. :)

And I do know a fair amount concerning the good herb. I've used it regularly for the past 13 years, and have spent much time reading and researching and watching other people grow.

Okay, got the ability to post pictures, so here we go with a picture of the setup.

7. Please try to post all of your pictures on this site. Linking to other sites has inherent risks involved that should be kept to a minimum if at all possible. We have both a Gallery and the ability to post as many as eight pictures with each post you make. Please post your pictures here, instead of linking to them.
I know I'm going to get a question about why one light is nearly-vertical and the other horizontal. I don't have the room for both lights to hang side-by-side in any configuration except for vertical, and I'm not going for a single HUGE plant. So I devised a rope system where I could simply move from the grow spectrum lamp to the bloom spectrum lamp. The grow spectrum is what's hanging horizontally right now, and once it's time for the plants to bud out, I'll just lift the grow and drop the bloom down - that simple, no hassle futzing with light height all the time.

growroom003.jpg

could you just maybe get us alittle bigger of a picture? i cant really see it..its alittle small;)

Dankerz said:
could you just maybe get us alittle bigger of a picture? i cant really see it..its alittle small;)

:rofl:

I hope I get buds as big as that picture! :laugh:

But seriously, I'm sure you'll learn a lot from your "expirements."
Can't wait to see what you can do.

Here's some super green mojo. G'luck! :D

Wait, this site doesn't have an auto-image resizer?

Ah, well, I'm used to having a HUGE monitor so things that look HUGE to you are like small on my screen. Hooray 32" monitors.

From now on I'll resize the images before I upload to photobucket - with the exceptions of images where detail is really needed.

i can't tell what im lookin at in those pictures. experiment with makin them smaller.

slowmo77 said:
i can't tell what im lookin at in those pictures. experiment with makin them smaller.

Will do - what you're looking at is the inside of my closet, with the lights setup. The doors are tiny mirror sliders, so I can't just open it up wide for a good angle shot.

Just snagged IrfanView for quick image resizing - that may help out quite a bit.

Oh, and for the close-up microscope pictures, let me show you the rig (don't laugh TOO hard!)

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/Site_Rules.html

Yes, it's my DXG HD camcorder with the microscope TAPED to it. Turns out the eye piece fits PERFECTLY inside the aperture piece, so just slip it in and tape it in place, VOILA! *bows*

How to resize and upload photos to MP

the picture is big but i got me a 24 inch wide screen monitor so its not too bad

dude, it's nothing personal. the rules are for all of us to follow.
i do understand what you are saying about them being yours, (and would support you for any other thing. but it's illegal anyway, so who cares about copywright? and MP doesn't ask you to host your stuff here so that they can steal it.) but you need to understand that this place has rules we must obide by. (and they aren't unjust rules like those we're bound by in society. but there are rules, and i don't think they are that unreasonable.)
it's not like MP wants to steal your pictures.

The rule, and I'll quote the relevant part only, is "7. Please try to post all of your pictures on this site."

Key words here: PLEASE TRY. It doesn't say "You are required." The way this rule is being enforced lacks moral backbone.

kaotik said:
dude, it's nothing personal. the rules are for all of us to follow.
i do understand what you are saying about them being yours, (and would support you for any other thing. but it's illegal anyway, so who cares about copywright? and MP doesn't ask you to host your stuff here so that they can steal it.) but you need to understand that this place has rules we must obide by. (and they aren't unjust rules like those we're bound by in society. but there are rules, and i don't think they are that unreasonable.)
it's not like MP wants to steal your pictures.

I think maybe you should think about your signature:

"my choice is what i choose to do, and if i'm causing no harm it shouldn't bother you."

Who am I harming by hotlinking my images from my hosted provider? In fact I'm saving this place money in bandwidth by hosting my images elsewhere.

Yeah I agree the fact that the server is busy so often is an overload of memory. That's a no brainer and that's how the internet works.

As for the "rules" well just remember the "rules" say we can't grow or smoke marijuana.

It does get personal when you feel as though your personal rights are violated or taken away from you. Big K has a lot of good points. I like seeing what people post and talking to you guys but this may not even be worth it if I cannot control what is mine. It's kind of pointless and puts me in jeopardy. I hate to say it but it might be time to move on after such a short stay. I am sure I will come by and read the posts every so often and look at the pics but I am really paranoid about the stuff I am saying and Big K brings up some extremely valid necessary considerations whether you are willing to let it soak in or try to sponge it out. It makes a lot of sense to me. :batman:

Latest posts

Back