The Phoenix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elliot Jansen

Reaction score
So, here's the story.

I planted some AK-47 from JW. Which was pretty killer. I hung the plant for 1 or 2 in the light to dry some. Then chopped it up and left it in an opened jar for at least 4 weeks. I circulated the buds every once in awhile so they wouldn't get too much moisture together. I took a last look at a 10 + gram cola and closed the jar. That would be the last time I ever smoked it, because it molded overnight. I lost 25+ grams..

But a buddy who had aquired some told me that he was finding misc. seeds sporatically in the budz. So I went back out to where I dumped my moldy girls, and sure enough found 1 seed in all that was lost.

My question is.. Since she wasn't a hermie, and there was no male anywhere close, how does this happen. Is this an immaculate conception.. Or is this seed destined for hermaphrodite city. Is this a feminized seed.. The seed is special to me already because it is like a Phoenix rising from the moldy ashes of its mother. It killed me to dump those budz behind the shed..:cry: :cry:

It hermied, there is no other way to get seed... It could have just been 1 or 2 male flowers hidden somwhere... Pollen is crazy good at flying everywhere...

Also why did you throw away your moldy buds? Make ISO Hash with it.. The alcohol kills all the mold...

no she devolped a ball and pollinated herself ,,,ie a hermie ,,,but if there was a male anywhere near by pollen can travel very easily ,,,

but if you have nothing else ,,,grow it and you may get lucky :D

interesting....
best just plant the phoenix and see what happens.

Also in the future when curing buds, if you go straight to jars from hanging, then you want the buds dry enough that you can snap the stem... It sounds to me like you jared them too early

She grew up around only female clones in an indoor setting. None of the other budz from a plant that grew up right next to her has any seeds.

Iso hash.. if it has to do with butane, and isopropyl alcohol count me out..

Already have the Phoenix seed in water.. ;>

I have jarred buds the same way before and they were fine..

Iso hash is made with alcohol, just dont mess with it indoors, make it outside...

When you jarred buds before, there could have been less humidity or somthing like that... If you can snap the stem then they are ready to jar...

Do not hang your plants in light to dry. Light degrades THC.

Also, if you had mold show up overnight, it was most likely going before you put it into the glass jars. Mold spores need at the very minimum about 12 hours to germinate and another 12-24 hours to start growing.

Reeeeheeeheealy.. Did not know that.. good lookin out. Now my plants weren't directly underneath the HPS, but damn close.. prolly .25 of the drying plant was directly exposed for lengths of time. Does it matter how much light and time exposed or just light in general. And if thats the case do you dry in a dark setting for maximum THC content?

Latest posts

Back