The purps update.... "new pics"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickols7

Live to Learn!!
Reaction score
Here are some new pictures taken in the dark cycle. Looks as though my PH has gotten a little low, I can't tell . I do not want to mosey around in the dark so I will have to wait till later. Maybe they are just being lazy or perhaps they were just sleeping. :) Feel free to add some opinions!!;)

100_3208.JPG

100_3212.JPG

100_3223.JPG

100_3220.JPG

100_3215.JPG

100_3224.JPG

Maybe its all that dry ice you have packed around them:giggle: The girls are lookin good .

Are those pictures from 2007?

Where are the "new pics?" :p

Can I ask what's up with all the white stuff?

I chop my kilos up for a medium.....:ignore: JK

It is stirofoam. I have been using this for a sub-medium with rockwool for quiet some time and I love it. The color of stirofoam is flat white so it is an excellent reflector of light for the lower branches. Also it is not an absorbant material so it does not effect PH at all. Never have to worry about leaching it like Hydroton and other mediums. The downside is it can be messy if the tray is allowed to flood to deep. It will float out onto the floor. I only allow my water depth to reach about 2 inches. The rockwool does the rest. Perhaps if I were smart I would use a drip system. ;) Needless to say I love the stiro. But I understand if you all think it is a crazy philosophy. What would the world be like if we were all McCain:eek: I mean the same..

Latest posts

Back