the room's almost ready

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeybusiness

98% chimp
Reaction score
Seems like every time i harvest I expect to drop a new set of plants in to immediately start flowering. But when the time actually comes i find a few things i should fix/change. Before i know it I've spent 2 weeks a bunch of cash and am waaaaay behind my initial schedule. Oh well. Should be moving 5 Satoris into the room tomorrow. Pretty darn excited! :ccc:

Ya can't see it in the pics but there's 2 big doors that swing close to enclose the room and leave the controler bucket outside the grow room

s.JPG

t.JPG

Give me rundown of what we got, here. I can see bulkheads, you build controller bucket? Chiller?

Hey nouvellechef!

Controller bucket is the one with the lid. A half inch line runs from each bucket to the controller bucket. There's also a half inch line running from controller bucket to a pump that then sends it to the pvc contraption that splits it into 1/4 lines and runs 2 to each bucket.
So 2 1/4 lines deliver water from the controller bucket to the top of each individual bucket and it recirculates back, via 1/2 line, to the controller bucket. I will probably put the pump on a timer. Haven't decided.

Top buckets have drilled holes in bottom and are really just net pots so the roots don't grow into the 1/2 recirculating line (on bottom bucket) and clog it.

Pretty cool. I'm not much on hydro yet and having to deal with that nest of tubes and such keeps me away.

Hey Jackson1!
Well a simple bubbler bucket is an amazingly easy and simple set up. No tubes at all. I have totally over complicated things but it's a system i've come to like. However i always run a single strain in each system because they all share the same nutes obviously.

I'm definitely going to watch your thread. I just like keeping it simple and that might be simple in regards to hydro but the potential is fairly high isn't it for something breaking, popping off or clogging up? I just don't have the patients for it and I would probably snap if i came home to a little flood.

jackson1 said:
I'm definitely going to watch your thread. I just like keeping it simple and that might be simple in regards to hydro but the potential is fairly high isn't it for something breaking, popping off or clogging up? I just don't have the patients for it and I would probably snap if i came home to a little flood.
You're absolutely right, the more bells and whistles, the more potential for disaster. One reason many prefer a simple bubbler bucket. No holes to clog and no lines to leak. I've only ever had one problem with roots clogging a hole and that was on my scrog grow where i had a single plant covering what was almost a 4x4 area. them roots were crazy! That's why i use double buckets so the roots can't get to the hole.
Another reason i like this setup is i have to use a water chiller for a big part of the year and it just gets put inline between the controller and the pump. Works amazingly and keeps all the buckets at the perfect temp w/out ever having to mess with it.

jackson1 said:

thats why you prepare for the flood.. lol when i build my system it ran in the middle of my basement for 2 days.. no plants nothing... just water... i put papper under it to see any drips leaks anythign that may cause a "flood" later on.... i installed screen like filters in my bulk heads and just from the lil but of shet off the lava rock caused a plug.. and a flood.. now if that happened in my grow room i would have been peeed..... but it didnt lol ;) ... so i recomend to anyone building or running any hydro system other then DWC to run it and test it long b4 plants are injected into the system..
LH

Hi matt612346!

The 2 vents in the wall are fresh air intake and pretty much right above the camera is the exhaust vent in the ceiling. Intake is passive and exhaust is a 6 inch inline fan. The hose that's hanging on the left in the picture is from the air cooled lights. It's just wasn't hooked up yet.

I moved the satoris in today but they took a beating in the process. We'll have to see how much they bounce back in the next couple days before i switch the lights.

Latest posts

Back