The week 5-6 curse..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elliot Jansen

Reaction score
Soo, I did some reasearch on this forum and others, trying to find out how much yellowing should be going on at around wk 5-6. It seemed like most of the threads I was finding had the same problems, yellowing leaves, paling out until death. I think mine was yellowing a little more because of some lockout issues, but her buds look fine. It seemed like it broke down to what strain the person was growing and specific growing situations. So I took a general stance on her yellowing leaves, as long as they aren't yellowing on my trich covered leaves I could care less.. Is this bad? She seems like she is trying to finish off and, I have made some mistakes that have attributed to this more than likely, but, I will let her go until it seems shes pulling from good bud leaf. I flushed her and have been feeding straight water. Heres some pics. They aren't that good, my first time taking pics of plants, and the cameras not that great.. A little fuzzy but I think you can get the general idea. (Day 38 BTW)

P2080475.JPG

P2080477.JPG

P2080483.JPG

I'd say the plant is telling you she's finishing off, have you checked the trichs? Nothing to be worried about, just part of the natural cycle.

Yeah I have a microscope. My trichs are mostly cloudy and some amber.. It's possible that she could be done a full 2 weeks early? The company suggested 8 - 9 weeks.

If there that color id be picking asap. maybe shes finished early?

UKgirl420 said:
why not take a tester or 2 :hubba:
:yeahthat:
If the trichs are starting to turn amber, you've already got a natural high right there; I'd selectively harvest 1/3.
Then wait a week and keep a close eye on the trichs, maybe two weeks, they'll be prime booty and I'd take another third and then put her into reveg. Leave the old bud on during the early stages of reveg and then you can crop it off, it will have cured on the plant and be a fine stone rather than high, and keep you going until the samples from the next cycle.
When reveg gets going, you could LST the plant and she'll end up about two or three feet across. But either way after reveg she'll be a larger producer in the next cycle.

Yep the yellowing is a natural thing.... Some strains cannabalize themselves more than others.

she looks real good man! from what i learned buds tend to turn the leaf yellow as they neear the end of their cycle, its normal.

Latest posts

Back