There are no Stupid Weed Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, quick question.
I have this in the ground, soil with cow manure and a few handfuls of chicken manure mixed through. I haven't used any ferts at all yet..
It's been out of the ground about 4-5 weeks.
In that time we've had a heat wave of temps getting close to 40c for about 7 days. That was a week ago.
My question is, what's causing the burnt tips and slight yellowing? Is the chicken manure burning it? Does in need nutes or is it over watered.
Water Ph is about 7.8 and soil ph is 7.
It's about 150mm (just under 6inches) tall with 8 nodes of growth. It isn't droopy and is reaching for the sun all day, and it's in full sun from 10am to about 5pm.
I have no idea what the strain is either haha. I hope that's enough info.
Thanks everyone! You guys are awesome 👌

Attachments

• 20231203_182207.jpg
    20231203_182207.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231203_182002.jpg
    20231203_182002.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231203_182218.jpg
    20231203_182218.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Hey guys, quick question.
I have this in the ground, soil with cow manure and a few handfuls of chicken manure mixed through. I haven't used any ferts at all yet..
It's been out of the ground about 4-5 weeks.
In that time we've had a heat wave of temps getting close to 40c for about 7 days. That was a week ago.
My question is, what's causing the burnt tips and slight yellowing? Is the chicken manure burning it? Does in need nutes or is it over watered.
Water Ph is about 7.8 and soil ph is 7.
It's about 150mm (just under 6inches) tall with 8 nodes of growth. It isn't droopy and is reaching for the sun all day, and it's in full sun from 10am to about 5pm.
I have no idea what the strain is either haha. I hope that's enough info.
Thanks everyone! You guys are awesome 👌
If I had to venture a guess, I'd say it was the chicken manure. It needs to be well composted or it's way too hot. I have no way of knowing how much you used or its condition, so it's only a guess.

If I had to venture a guess, I'd say it was the chicken manure. It needs to be well composted or it's way too hot. I have no way of knowing how much you used or its condition, so it's only a guess.
Hot shitt will do it every time , I made mistake of using seabird crap right out of the box.

I kinds had a feeling. Was composted, and only a few handfuls, but that was obviously too much..
So, with that in mind, what would you do?

If you can scrape it off, you might give that a try. In lue of doing that, just keep them watered. A few burnt leaves aren't going to kill your plant.
If it was well composted, maybe cut back a bit on how much you use. Well composted means let it sit for a season/year. Ideally, you mix it in with other stuff you're composting.

If you can scrape it off, you might give that a try. In lue of doing that, just keep them watered. A few burnt leaves aren't going to kill your plant.
If it was well composted, maybe cut back a bit on how much you use. Well composted means let it sit for a season/year. Ideally, you mix it in with other stuff you're composting.
Scrape it off?

Flat white semigloss paint works well foil sucks.
I wonder if foam insulation boards would work? I have access to some that's 1/2 inch thick, blue on one side, silver (almost metallic) on the other. I wrapped the HVAC sheet metal in my garage in the stuff to reduce temperature drop between the un-conditioned garage and the insulated house many years ago. (It made a huge difference!)

The shiny side could serve as a reflective component as well as helping to insulate the grow room, could it not?

I wonder if foam insulation boards would work? I have access to some that's 1/2 inch thick, blue on one side, silver (almost metallic) on the other. I wrapped the HVAC sheet metal in my garage in the stuff to reduce temperature drop between the un-conditioned garage and the insulated house many years ago. (It made a huge difference!)

The shiny side could serve as a reflective component as well as helping to insulate the grow room, could it not?
Its ok the whiteboard is better.

I love this thread. I always wondered but nevered dared to ask, if one places a light on the floor pointing up and a plant upside down, will the plant grow towards the light or up against gravity? If it grows towards the light, that would be an interesting experiment lol

Latest posts

Back