THinking about stepping my game up....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raoulduke2.0

Norse God of Herbs
Reaction score
I am currently running a 150watt hps with supplemental CFL's. I'd like to invest in a bigger bulb and ballast but I worry about heat and electricity usage. How would the bigger badder hps lights compare to mine?

Heat can be a problem. How big is your space? Electricity cost won't be that much.

Increasing lumens does more than any other single thing to increase yield. Depending on how large your space is, a 400W HPS could conceivably double or triple your yield.

I have a 1.5 by 2 by 4 foot space to grow. Heat now is in the low 80's to the high 70's. I don't have a problem with that now but WOULD I, if I cooled the hood, have a signifigantly hotter growspace?

as long as you have a fan with the right amount of cfm pulling the heat out then your grow space would be the same,if not cooler.htgsupply.com has great deals on 400 watt hps's with hoods.

Even with a 400w in my closet which was 2' x 7' x 7' (2 wide) without exhaust and intake my temps would get over 90 degrees.
With exhaust and intake i ran a cool 75.

...maybe,but not if your movin that hot air out of that hood with a good inline fan.then again..i kinda think with that lil space you have, that 150 watt should be enough.

I would think so too, that should be plenty of light for the area.

Latest posts

Back