This a Good PH meter Calibration Buffer Solutions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyinghigh

Grow Pretty Flowers
Reaction score
I got my Hanna Ph meter tester and it only came with the 7.0 and the instruction says I need to use a 4.0 buffer for the calibration, right..
So will these work.? The one that has free shipment is the one I want to know about.

hxxp://cgi.ebay.com/PH4-PH7-Pack-PH-meter-Calibration-Buffer-Solutions_W0QQitemZ360212102655QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?
hash=item53de507dff

hxxp://cgi.ebay.com/pH-Meter-Calibration-Buffer-Solution-4-7-or-10-4oz_W0QQitemZ370222825181QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?
hash=item5632fffedd

I take it, it Don't matter which one I order.!!!
Thought I would ask..!

patience grasshopper!:D we should remember that it's very easy for a thread to get overlooked....

i've got an Oakton ph pen and have used both to see if there was a difference.... if there is one, i couldn't find it.... you should be fine with the 7.0....

fleshstain said:
you should be fine with the 7.0....

So checking with the 7.0 buffer will be fine for calibration and why does it say I need to check with the 4.0.?
Would that 2 test is to make sure it right on the money in between 4.0 to 7.0.
I am just asking because there is 2 adjustments.

HippyInEngland said:
Hello Flying :)

Get the free shipping one ;)

:peace:

Thanks Hippy I already order it and be here soon..
Can't beat free shipping.!;) I look for those deals all the time.. FREEEEEE shippment.:D

mine has 2 settings on it to, they would want you to buy 2 solutions, because they make money selling you solution. The pen can already adjust to the hundrenths (6.50)...that is pretty accurate, but if it makes you feel better buy the 4. If I remember right you were not happy about the extra expense of the solution in the first place...just trying to save you some money....anyway the solution lasts a long time! Glad you bought a good one!

legalize_freedom said:
m but if it makes you feel better buy the 4.

If I remember right you were not happy about the extra expense of the solution in the first place...just trying to save you some money....

anyway the solution lasts a long time! Glad you bought a good one!

Already bought the small bottle with free shipping..

The point that I wasn't happy, was there were so many Buffers and the price keep going up and I didn't want to use up my cash I have saving in my account and I guess I didn't ask, "how often does one have to test the meter with the buffer". u answered.

I checked a gal on the ph 7.34 and the lowest I can go is 6.63, 2 drops and another drop it goes down to 6.35, so now I am on a hunt for a smaller dropper hopefully the drops will be smaller for a better reading..

mine came with 4 and 7 but says i need storage solution and i didnt get any of that, what is it?

i did'nt look at the one flying ordered dman, but i also have a hanna ph digi pen. mine said to store in tap water only, and not in the buffer solution.:confused2: ...i've always kept it in tap. 2 years almost...no problem yet...

why is this? anyone know?

if HIE says it's good, then thats your solid bet. go with it...you just order flying?...

My GH calibration 7 says
for calibration of pH Meters and electrode storage

and that my friends is all I know:D and BIU :bolt::bong2:

I use the 7 for storage, and mine is a hanna also...hmmm I wonder if I should use water??? yeah the 7 I have says for storage also Duck, mine is from GH

mine says not to store in distilled water, and i guess i took that as dont store it in water, i have just been leaving it dry with the cap on the end, maybe i should be using tap water.

Ok, so I bought my fancy Hanna Combo Meter (black one) and i went to the store and bought calibration solution, and calibrated my Hanna with General Hydroponics 7.0 PH solution, even though the meter says calibrate for 7.01. I figure the .01 is not a big difference. BUT now i'm scared about my PPM calibration. I bought the General Hydroponics PPM/US solution which is rated at 1500PPM, but the Hanna Meters require a solution that is 1382-1432, and since i just calibrated my meter with this 1500PPM solution, it looks like my measurements are off by quite a bit. I went and set the conversion rate in the meter from .50 to 1.0 and now it wants 1432 PPM solution. THIS SUCKS!!! Most hydro stores dont seem to understand that you CANT use the General Hydroponics calibration solutions on Hanna Meters, so why would they sell it to do just that!?!? Just letting you guys know that you cant calibrate hanna meters using Gen Hydro solutions, so you dont waste your time ordering it!

That sucks...I have a hanna pen, but mine is only PH, and the GH solution works fine for that..so what now you have to find the Hanna solution to test your ppms? Always out to make a buck!

Well I order my 7.0 and 4.0 from ebay and it still not here and contacted the seller and he told me it coming from Japan.!!! :eek:
Crap isn't there anything make in the USA anymore.??:confused:
Almost everything in Walmart and other stores is from China, Japan, Pakistan, Mexico, etc, and even our food is coming from over seas..
I bought some Banana's from a corner and they where green and they was the WORST FREAKIN taste I ever had and they had come from Mexico YUCK and there Corn YUCK selling pig corn to people..

I Am A American, I Want USA Made Stuff..!;)

Latest posts

Back