To Late To Grow?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midnight_Rider

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if it is to late to being an outdoor grow within the next few days. I live in the Midwest of USA and the climate is ideal as of now, but becomes cold around october, but because of shipping problems it took much longer than expected to receive my Morning Glory seeds(2002 cannabis cup, produced by Barneys Farm)

I also live in the midwest, and from what I have gotten from readings around the forum, it may be a lil too late, but one of the experienced growers will be able to tell you whether or not it is.

i'd say if you can get them out in the next day or two you'll be fine. good luck

it's not too late to start something outdoors... the thing you have to consider is that the days are now getting shorter, so vegging time will be minimal (I don't mean plants are going to start flowering any time soon)

stuff simply won't get as big as if you started them earlier... ya get me?

lets hope the weather here in the midwest gets a lil better. Im sick of the 2 days of 68 degree weather to 85 degree weather for the next 3 days, and all this rain we have got could stop for a lil while too. Luckily the rain we were suppose to get just disipated over us

i got plants goin out soon, they've been vegging inside for a lil but def not too late, go for it!

One year i planted some plants the forth of july and they got 3 feet and bushy and made around 3 ounces. But you might want too get them in direct sun. Sounds like your in the same area i am in. Also since your time is short limit transplanting and topping All together if possiable. Good luck Slim

That crazy vancouver guy said:
it's not too late to start something outdoors... the thing you have to consider is that the days are now getting shorter, so vegging time will be minimal (I don't mean plants are going to start flowering any time soon)

stuff simply won't get as big as if you started them earlier... ya get me?

Agreed, better late than never they still do thier thing just not as much:yeahthat: :farm:

I live in central california and was wondering the same thing. I came across some bagseed and wanted to plant a few outside. Is it too late in the season. Its over 100 degrees right now and gets cold about the end of October.

I bring my plants out everyday for 8-12 hours of light to flower them, just put em in shade if its too hot

I know of a pond with some vegitation around it. Id like to be able to use the water from the pond to do some automatic watering. I wont be able to tend to them often. Id like everything to be as natural as possible.

freedom25_us said:
I know of a pond with some vegitation around it. Id like to be able to use the water from the pond to do some automatic watering. I wont be able to tend to them often. Id like everything to be as natural as possible.

Well, my tips would be plant alot of seeds, the more seeds, the more likely you will have survivors.

plant them beside a tree or something so the sun isnt directly on them, if you needed to you could cover them with like dead leaves to block the sun.

Why would he not want the sun directly on them? That seems like a great spot as long as there is no chance of them being found by anyone.... The lake could even reflect more light on to the plants....

BagSeed said:
Why would he not want the sun directly on them? That seems like a great spot as long as there is no chance of them being found by anyone.... The lake could even reflect more light on to the plants....

because when you start a seedling in spring, it has time to adjust to the warmer climate of summer, if you plant a seedling in the middle of july odds are the 40 degree temps will burn those babies right outa the ground,.

i have plants that are out side and are still large seedlings winter is coming around the bend so my plants wont be large enough to yeild as much bud as i wanted but my plants will be ok so if you plant them soon you will running in to the same things that im dealing with IM NOT A PRO GROWER

Latest posts

Back