Too tall, can I whack it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slartibartfast

Don't Panic
Reaction score
I have a Willie Nelson growing in a large pot outdoors and it's up to 5"5" tall now. It looks like it might be beginning to flower but it's still too early for me to tell. If it gets any taller, I'll have a visibility problem. Anybody know how much crop I will lose if I cut a foot off the top before the flowers get any more developed? Any better ideas?

That's my Citralah behind it. I'll be smoking that in a few weeks

willie 8-19-2008_sm.jpg

Slartibartfast said:
I have a Willie Nelson growing in a large pot outdoors and it's up to 5"5" tall now. It looks like it might be beginning to flower but it's still too early for me to tell. If it gets any taller, I'll have a visibility problem. Anybody know how much crop I will lose if I cut a foot off the top before the flowers get any more developed? Any better ideas?

That's my Citralah behind it. I'll be smoking that in a few weeks

View attachment 74811

:farm: Just bend her over and tie her down,

DONT ever chop your Willie :rofl:

Seriously, just bend Her over and tie Her down, SHE wont lose anything that way, and may actually gain :hubba:

haha hilarious thread guys! ima say funniest ive seen yet. but agreed its a bad idead to cut now not only will u lose most of the bud from that flowering spot you could cause the plant to hermie due to shock and also the plant would use more vegetative energy in trying to grow back the system rather than producing a thicker bud. good luck with that *****

:banana: All this talk about bending her over and tying her up made me forget what we were discussing......oh yeah, Dont be silly and whack your willie!! Bury the pot and then carefully, starting at the middle of the plant or slightly higher, start training the plant to be tied down. you may only be able to tie her a few inches at a time. once the middle is secured than tie the top the same way. after a few days you may be able to tie her down a little further if you need too. a little at a time or you will snap your willie right off!!!

Aurora_Indicas_Dad said:
lol,great thread.whos the breeder of your willie?
I don't know who the breeder is. My indoor-growing friend gave me a cutting, but I'll ask next time I see him. Last year he gave me an AK48 cutting and it grew beautifully outdoors. I harvested it in late September and I'm still smoking it, almost out now though.

That ak looked purple... yuuuuuuumy. I am real excited to see how that willie turns out. good grow!!

Latest posts

Back