Tops of clones dying off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MomOfMoms

Reaction score
Hello all! New to the forum. I run a mom/prop room and have recently ran into this in my clones. After 3(ish) weeks, they will be rooted. But the new growth (and sometimes the nodes underneath) will be rotted off. Would this be from too much moisture in the domes orrrr....? We have not always had this problem and have not changed anything that I am aware of. Can't really find any info on it so here I am. TIA for any input!

pic 1.jpg

Attachments

• pic 2.jpg
    pic 2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Hi welcome to the forum,
Tell us more, are you feeding them? Have you checked the PH?
what temps are they running at?
Stick around lots of good fun people here.
They look healthy other than those few spots.
Feeding with Athena. pH going in is 5.8, coming out about 6.0 if I remember correctly. They are running at around 80 degrees and 85% RH under the dome. When dome comes off, they are in 80 degrees and 70% RH.

Thanks a bunch! Most of them are very healthy and pretty, but I've just been seeing this more and more and trying to figure out what could be causing it.

So they have been getting worse. We used to not see it at all. Then we'd see it on every few trays, only one or two clones. Now I'm seeing it across the majority of trays and several clones in each.

The ones in the pictures were plugged 5 days ago, no roots yet. I just looked at another tray that was plugged 15 days ago and there are roots. The only weird part of the affected clones are the tops. They are rooted, the rest of the clone looks healthy, and then you look at the top and that center main node is fried off.

So they have been getting worse. We used to not see it at all. Then we'd see it on every few trays, only one or two clones. Now I'm seeing it across the majority of trays and several clones in each.

The ones in the pictures were plugged 5 days ago, no roots yet. I just looked at another tray that was plugged 15 days ago and there are roots. The only weird part of the affected clones are the tops. They are rooted, the rest of the clone looks healthy, and then you look at the top and that center main node is fried off.
Maybe you created a new breed self topping clones LOL
The PH was always the same? Very weird.
And the feed has always been what you are using Type and strength?

My first thoughts are are they touching the top of the dome which the answer looks like no... No mushyness up higher.
How close are they to the light and what kind of light but Again... - You would potentially have die off up higher....
I honestly don't think I have seen this exact thing and believe me - I have killed more than my fair share of clones.
Are foliar feeding them? (Misting them) - If so with what? I used to, but my last couple successful trays I just kept the humidity up. And it has been a couple runs since I bothered with cloning at all.
Strange that there is not leaf die off at least above the point where you are showing damage. Not even wilting.
The trimmed fan leaves look fine.
I am in a boring meeting is why I am checking in.
Not sure I will find your situation elsewhere on the google but I will Def try...
There are a couple newer people here doing excellent grow work... Give them and me a few.
"I'll be back"

My first thoughts are are they touching the top of the dome which the answer looks like no... No mushyness up higher.
How close are they to the light and what kind of light but Again... - You would potentially have die off up higher....
I honestly don't think I have seen this exact thing and believe me - I have killed more than my fair share of clones.
Are foliar feeding them? (Misting them) - If so with what? I used to, but my last couple successful trays I just kept the humidity up. And it has been a couple runs since I bothered with cloning at all.
Strange that there is not leaf die off at least above the point where you are showing damage. Not even wilting.
The trimmed fan leaves look fine.
I am in a boring meeting is why I am checking in.
Not sure I will find your situation elsewhere on the google but I will Def try...
There are a couple newer people here doing excellent grow work... Give them and me a few.
"I'll be back"
They are under LED lights with a soft par value. I'd say about 2 feet (possibly a few inches more) away from it.
Not touching the top of the domes
Have not sprayed anything on the foliage
I haven't been able to find anything on the google for it.... the closest thing I have found may be damping off from too much moisture? Could it look/sound like that to you?

Latest posts

Back