Trich pics...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2Dog

femme fatale proud grower
Reaction score
Are these good enough to judge my plants with at 30x or do I need a stronger magnification? I am tepted to buy an eyeclops... what do you guys think can you see anything?

trich pics 005.jpg

trich pics 001.jpg

trich pics 003.jpg

more pics kind of frustrating...trying to hold the camera and the mag..

trich pics 009.jpg

trich pics 010.jpg

trich pics 007.jpg

when i asked i was told 30x should be the least you use to see them.

Think i can see a tad of amber in one of them

I see little glints of amber when I look...I think they need mroe time but pretty soon we should be good...maybe I can talk hubby into the eyeclops...and taking me to toys r us.. lol. thanks jericho!

you can buy a 45x loupe on ebay very cheap and you wouldn't have to cut up the plants either.

Thats good hash material your cutting up hehe.

it's just a smidgen...however you spell that... I think radio shack has a 100 x scope...or a 60 I could be wrong..

Radio Shack does have the 60-100 power. However, the Eyeclops might be a better purchase. How about try the Radio Shack one, and if you don't like it, return it? It does a good job, except some people have a hard time distinguishing colors with it. I don't use it for that reason, but others like it.

alis I bought the radio shack one I cant see anything through it...I think I will have to return it and get the eyeclops... what a bummer.

get a 30x ...radio shacks 60x is to powerful, the 30x is so much easier

well ducky now I have a 30 and a 60-100 hubby got the radio shack one to work...I have clear cloudy and a bit of amber but not much amber so prob another week or two.

I have both too:D the 30x works better

My personal oppinion is that the 60x from Radio Shack is too powerful. I took mine back the day I got it. I have a 30x loupe, and a 45x lighted scope. I can see with both of these, but I tend to use the 45x more, I think because it has 2 leds in it, and the extra light really lets you see better. With the 30x loupe it's hard to tell between clear, and cloudy, but you can tell if they are amber.

E-bay has these 45x scopes for like 99 cents...lol...but they hit you with like a 11 dollar shipping fee...you may find a better deal though if you search a little. The 45x is dinky...but it works great!

2dog, what megapixel camera are you using? does it have a macro setting? if so, try using that, but do not use it in your hand, you'll need a tri-pod or just set it on something.

once you bring the picture to your computer, zoom in as much as possible and crop it. might work. i havent tried this yet, as i'm only going into week 8 of 12 of flowering.

they look good though ;)

Nice looking Trichs 2Dog. I take that lil bit of trim, and combine with yesterdays bit of trim, and tomorrow bit of trim, and leave them on the plate till they dry....YUM on a tasty hit of smoke when dry.

HIya 2dog...

Awesome looking trich'd up leaves from your plant, 2dog but Ya gotta see when she's at her prime! :) Hmmm... Those don't look like 30x magnification unless your leaf is super tiny...:confused: Maybe your camera macro setting is on 30x but when you look thru a 30x pocket microscope or jeweler's loupe you'll see a much more detailed view and be able to see your trichs more clearly...;) The Radio Shack model works great but I prefer 20-30x pocket microscopes that have a longer design cuz they are much easier for me to hold in one hand and operate the focus. The Radio Shack model is a bit on the small side and it's more difficult for me to hold a bud in one hand while holding the microscope and adjusting the focus wheel with the other hand. Here's a pic of my latest fave scope... It's a 30x Pocket Microscope for $9.99 with FREE shipping on eBay... Cheaper than driving over to Radio Shack...:hubba:

hXXp://cgi.ebay.com/Pocket-Microscope-30X-Lighted-NIB_W0QQitemZ140379633233QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item20af473651

Peace!:cool:

30xmicroscope.jpg

thanks for the info dirty and yes the leaves are very tiny smaller than my pinky nail..

2Dog said:
thanks for the info dirty and yes the leaves are very tiny smaller than my pinky nail..

glad 2 help u 2dog.... But I think your camera is set on 10 pinky nails for resolution... can you up it to 30 pinky nails?:p

surreptitious said:
2dog, what megapixel camera are you using? does it have a macro setting? if so, try using that, but do not use it in your hand, you'll need a tri-pod or just set it on something.

once you bring the picture to your computer, zoom in as much as possible and crop it. might work. i havent tried this yet, as i'm only going into week 8 of 12 of flowering.

they look good though ;)

it is a 10.1 mg and I did use macroa but I was able to change the menu to make it sharper I think I will try more pics..

2Dog said:
it is a 10.1 mg and I did use macroa but I was able to change the menu to make it sharper I think I will try more pics..

did you do any cropping or did you just resize the pictures to fit on the forum?

Latest posts

Back