true breeding strains/ no bananas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pothead420

Delta-9
Reaction score
im noticing the more hybrids i try that a good percentage of them are turning hermie anyone no of any true breeding strains that produce pure female bud true sensi anyone whos grown out a stable strain please list em here anyone please chime in with your strain of choice

Pothead420 said:
im noticing the more hybrids i try that a good percentage of them are turning hermie anyone no of any true breeding strains that produce pure female bud true sensi anyone whos grown out a stable strain please list em here anyone please chime in with your strain of choice

DJ Shorts - Blueberry

It aint cheap, but it is a solid strain! Don't quote me on this, but i believe alot of other breeders use this stable strain to cross with.

I've always had good luck with Nirvana strains, pretty solid strains. You can click the banner on the homepage of the forum to browse their stock, as well as help support the site! :p

i got on my hands

Nirvanas Bigbud witch backround is a [SA a X BB X skunk 18.5 (afghani)]cross

any strain is possible of hermie, its a part of the plant, they carry both sets of genes and it depends on the ratio of these genes as to if you see bananas or not.

I believe there is such a thing as natural hermies that come with any seeds you get, they can turn hermie without any stress, it was just in their genes.

I don't even think its restricted to feminized seeds as i have had them in a lot of regs as well.

nickname said:
any strain is possible of hermie, its a part of the plant, they carry both sets of genes and it depends on the ratio of these genes as to if you see bananas or not.

I believe there is such a thing as natural hermies that come with any seeds you get, they can turn hermie without any stress, it was just in their genes.

I don't even think its restricted to feminized seeds as i have had them in a lot of regs as well.
i agree with you there it mother natures way of self preservation:hubba: but there are strains that just have stronger genetics and arent as prone to it happening;)

Pothead420 said:

A true breeding strain doesn't really have anything to do with not producing a Hermie per say. A true breeding strain is just an IBL or inbred line, which means that is has been stablized to atleast the F4 generation through selective breeding. In theory a IBL should always grow uniformly. So if you grew out 100 seeds they should all look and grow basically the same.

I have found that IBL's or true breeding strains that are very stable sometimes have a late flowering hermie trait, where they are not hermies but they will produce nanners in the last week or two of flowering. I think that this is a trait carried forward from their landrace days when the plants grow naturally. I see this as a way to ensure their survival for the next season if they were not pollenated by a male.

If you are having a lot of hermie's then maybe there is something within your enviroment that is causing stress and the plants to hermie.

Some true breeding lines or:

Skunk #1
Northern lights
Hashplant
Hindu kush
BCBD's- Mendo Purple
DJ Short's Blueberry
Afghani #1

These are just a few

Latest posts

Back