Twin seeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oscarzuma

Reaction score
While germinating seeds in paper towels, I came upon a seed with two tap roots. They were much longer than any roots from its sister seeds and were already shedding the shell. When I inserted the seed into dirt, it split into two separate equal sized pieces. Couple days later, two sets of cotyledons have poked into the air. I've been using mostly clones, not seeds, so this was a surprise to me. Is this common/normal behavior?

While germinating seeds in paper towels, I came upon a seed with two tap roots. They were much longer than any roots from its sister seeds and were already shedding the shell. When I inserted the seed into dirt, it split into two separate equal sized pieces. Couple days later, two sets of cotyledons have poked into the air. I've been using mostly clones, not seeds, so this was a surprise to me. Is this common/normal behavior?
It happens every now and then, not often
Grats you have twins

I have never seen it but who doesn't like twins especially the identical kind. Good luck !

I had the same with one of my Mixed seed from Fastbuds autos. Twins, I cut down the smaller one.
IMG_20231203_144702570_HDR.jpg
IMG_20231203_123957649_HDR.jpg

That's exactly what I would have done.

Someone piped in and told me to cull the lil one. So I performed ohios first legal abortion since issue 1 past.
A celebration of life and death.

Latest posts

Back