Underground grow-op busted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
Seven people from Glengarry County have been arrested on marijuana grow op-related charges by the OPP, who seized $1.2 million worth of illegal narcotics.

Officers working on Project Sidewinder for the OPP Drug Enforcement Section (DES), along with the S, D & G OPP, executed. Search warrants at three residences in Glengarry County on Wednesday morning.

One residence was located in North Glengarry, while the other two were in South Glengarry.

Det. Sgt. Paul Henry of the DES said the grow ops were significant in terms of the amount of work and secrecy required to establish underground operations of such great size.

"I've been in drug enforcement for 22 years," he said.

"I've heard about operations like this, but I had never encountered one until now."

The North Glengarry and one South Glengarry residence on Concession Road 4 were found to be the sites of underground marijuana grow operations.

Officers seized 1,200 marijuana plants at different levels of maturity, a large undisclosed amount of cash, grow operation equipment, and two motorcycles (a Harley Davidson and a Honda Gold Wing).

Also seized was a Chevy pick-up truck, 150 grams of suspected hash, 450 grams of suspected marijuana and two diesel generators.

The largest cache of plants - 830 - was found at 21,403 Concession Road 4.

Henry said many of the plants were mature and dried out, which indicated the house was likely the source of marijuana already on the street.

A residence in Green Valley, South Glengarry at 4,182 County Road 34 housed no growing plants, but did contain a small amount of hashish and marijuana.

In the third house, located at 19,486 Concession Road 8 in North Glengarry, the OPP found 400 small marijuana plants Henry believes were very young.

"It's a good thing," Henry said. "That indicates the house had yet to yield a crop. That indicates we got to the house before the drugs could get to the streets."

Henry estimated, if not found, the house could have been the source of a marijuana crop "significantly larger" than the house on Concession Road 4.

Denis Charron, 47, Paul Topping, 52, and Marie-Ange Ouellet, 32 - all from South Glengarry - were arrested on charges of production, possession, and possession for the purpose and conspiracy to commit an indictable offence.

All three were held in custody pending an appearance in Cornwall court.

Three men, ages 45, 46 and 18, and one woman, 49, from Glengarry County were also arrested and face the same charges.

They are scheduled to appear in Alexandria court on Jan. 7.

hxxp://tinyurl.com/64954b

FruityBud said:
"It's a good thing," Henry said. "That indicates the house had yet to yield a crop. That indicates we got to the house before the drugs could get to the streets."

Golly! That was a close one Henry!:batman: Good thing you got there just in time and saved the day. Again.

Or they were gearing up to start a new grow cycle and had already pushed the last crop lol. I love how absolutely clueless these so called highly trained officers are.

Agreed. and I like how they just valued every plant at $1000 no matter how small or big it was.

Latest posts

Back