Update on girls inside and couple of ?'s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djsmaverick

Husband/Wife growing team
Reaction score
:clap: Hello everyone. Ok so it has been a little while since we have posted :eek: but here is an update on our girls inside. They have reached a height of 2 ft tall. We put them into flower around the first of the month and they are lookin pretty. They are under a 1000wt HPS, on a schedule of 12/12. We are feedin them Fox Farm Big Bloom. We water them most every night before they go to bed. The temp. is stayin around 75-80 degrees in the room and the humidty is bouncing anywhere from 55-70%. Here is the question. In everyones opinion are we doin everthing right? :watchplant: Thanks all. :peace: :ciao:

P8090001.JPG

P8090003.JPG

P8090004.JPG

P8090006.JPG

Hi DJS-
IMHO the plants are looking good. I think your rh may be a little high for flowering. I try to keep my rh in the 40's when I switch to flower. Perhaps if you water them in the morning as opposed to bedtime the lights will help dry things out.
Congratulations on your grow. Good luck to you.

Hey Shock- How have your harvests been? Do you get tight buds. I've always gone for lower humidity, but I guess there's differing opinions:

From Clarke's Marijuana Botany:

Humidity is an interesting parameter of THC production and one of the least understood. Most high-quality drug Cannabis grows in areas that are dry much of the time at least during the maturation period. It follows that increased resin production in response to arid conditions might account for increased THC production. High-THC strains, however, also grow in very humid conditions (greenhouses and equatorial zones) and produce copious quantities of resin. Cannabis seems not to produce more resins in response to dry soil, as it does to a dry atmosphere. Drying out plants by with-holding water for the last weeks of flowering does not stimulate THC production, although an arid atmosphere may do so. A Cannabis plant in flower requires water, so that nutrients are available for operating the various bio-synthetic pathways.

I've also read that higher humidity causes greater internodal spacing resulting in more airy buds.

I am still waiting to harvest for the first time. I am growing from bagseed this first go around so I can't compare to growing a "quality" strain but some of my girls have tighter buds than the other. I am planning on adding a dehumidifyer for the new room next go around, just get it down a bit.

I like to say water in morning when lights come on..as well...but why everyday..may have issues there....and a higher humidity will also icrease chances of mould. I may get flamed for this but maybe a space heater?? will dry air...and what about those things called dies air..I use them in my motorhome in winter to keep moister down..IDK..just throwing thaughts out..even though clouded with :bong: resadue take care and be safe

4u2sm0ke said:
I like to say water in morning when lights come on..as well...but why everyday..may have issues there....and a higher humidity will also icrease chances of mould. I may get flamed for this but maybe a space heater?? will dry air...and what about those things called dies air..I use them in my motorhome in winter to keep moister down..IDK..just throwing thaughts out..even though clouded with :bong: resadue take care and be safe
Dehumidfyer *edit* or I believe AC also draws out humidity.

my problem lies mostly with the fact that I have 15 gals of water in my GR prolly.

Latest posts

Back