Update on UFO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-Bone

Reaction score
Alright, i have been trying to find any and all info on the UFO, this is a new way to grow and uses only 80Watts of juice and is equivelant (sp) to a 400HPS. So, HT had an article this month focusing on the new light and the spectrums that it uses, i do not have one...Yet, but the clones from the same mother and identical conditions were present in the grow, but the lights were different, obviously.
Really high right now, so not sure if this makes sense thus far, but overall conclusions have pointed to the fact that there was an increase of 13% yeild with the ufo over the 400HPS, as well as higher resin production, but there was also stress on the plants with the UFO, which can lead to resin production, but with a yield higher than that of the HPS, i see no real set backs.
Although cost is also an issue, a nice HPS with directional shield can run...what 190-250. while the UFO is 599.00. but is a self concained self balast and low heat, which is great for small spaces and keep the Fuzz out of the loop.
I just wanted to share what i had just read as i was..am.. extremely happy that we are becoming more technolgically advanced with growing techniques and now everyone can grow regaurdless of space and money, as this will more than likey pay for it's self within one grow. lay on some comments if you wish, and feel free to correct me if any info is correct, ot if you have exprerinces you self. PEACE & LOVE
~T-Bone

im startinf to realise that the led i great for vegging but nothing beats the hps. alienbate was gonna do some reaserch on making a led light that produces the same spectumas a hps light and see what that does

Latest posts

Back