Urgent Advise needed...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokypo

ThE GuLlY gRoW
Reaction score
my good friends grow of 12 plants, a mix of bb cheese and ppp are begining week 5 flowering tomorow.. A friend visited and he is an experieced grower supposedly. As he has done a few grows my friend took his advise when told to prune off some fan leaves as he was not gettng any light to the bottoms of the plants the canopy in thee tent was literaly preventing any light through which was making the bottoms of he plant dead as far as growth goes..I have now read lots of posts and I am getting mixed responses. IS it gonna F his gals up? Will it stunt develpment/ He left lots of leaves on so that the plants still have a good food source and .
Please put us at rest peops.... Thanks in Advance:D

It won't kill your plants, but yes it will stunt growth and reduce your overall yield. Alot will tell you never to prune, personally I like to trim up my ladies a little during veg. but not in flower.

yeah will stunt the growth but as long as he doesnt cut any more off he will be fine Your never suppose to cut any leafs off during flowering maybe a couple during veg period......... tell him to feed them a little to will help it out with its lost energy

Thanks Willow, and Kind.
But why wil it reduce yield wen the plants were reall bushy they were pruned three times in veg and were veged till past pre flower stage at around 7.5 weeks. he didnt take off all large fan leaves either..... He also fed immediatley after using Root complex by Hesi in his mix, Hesi advise to use it when plants undergo shock...
The plants are like 5 feet tall!

it will reduce the yeild alittle becaue the plant sucks the nutrients out of the leaves to produce the energy to produce the buds but he will be fine aslog as none of the large fan leaves were removed

Latest posts

Back