Uvb Lighting!?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goneindawind

Reaction score
Ok so i have heard about uvbs for a while now. My current grow i didnt really wanna go through the trouble of trying something new, but a few daze ago my babies mom bought me a magizine i think it was the skunk issue. In there ed rosenthal had an article that had an article that had to do with uvbs and doing outdoor harvests in august instead of october which was also very informative. Ok the part on the uvb light he siad that uvbs help mature the thc glands and helps the plant produce more thc, it also siad if u wanna add potencey woth out any specail chemicals or formulas then this is the way to go. So my question is those any one else got any info or experience to give me some insight into this? I will try to scan and upload the articles when I get access to a scanner.Also im usising 2 26 watt 10.0 repti grow lightwith a 400 watt hps, in the article he says to use 10 percent of special lighting for watt you use with a hps.

i looked in the lighting and couldnt find anything... thnx hick i will try that

Hick said:
I recall a couple of uv light threads.. Have you tried the "search" box ?
\

I am noticing a trend in Hick's posts today..... I am guessing that the 'Search Box' is the topic of the day eh?:) :D

Well I can't offer much help besides the fact that one of the reasons that MJ plants produce THC in theory is to protect their buds from UV rays, so its makes sense that adding supplimental UV lighting would help. UV rays can be damaging though, so you'd def. need to find an article that outlines how much UV is productive and how much would start damaging your plants.

Edit: sometimes my spelling makes things go the wrong way... cant have that...

thank you very much blanco that is a great answer....and i did use the search but i still couldnt really find much info maybe im searching wrong....

I got some magazine info on it, I'll try diggin it up for ya man, might be a couple days though... Also try searching google for UV info and tomato growing, tomato plants and MJ plants act very similarly.

I have grown 2 crops with supplemental 40w uvb cfl. I made sure it was right on top of one plant, then cut that bud off and compared it to others not close to the light. I had access to a sem and honestly saw no difference in the amount of resin glands and trichome production.

Blaco: thank you i will def. try that i want to learn as much as i can bout this.

Umbra: thank you for the great info umbra, i was wondering did the smoke or high by chance have any difference? apperance isnt always a factor.
Also umbra i was wondering did the the glands set on earlier on the buds with the light and did the glands mature quicker as in from milky to amber?
also what strain were u growing?

My thinking is that if it did what was claimed that you would be able to find lots about it both here and on other sites on the net. If Ed recommended it, the thousands of people have probably tried it. Keep in mind that authors like Ed and Jorge are not always right...

thank you i total agree everything should be taken with a grain of salt until a personal experience leads your own better understanding of the subject....all in all the best thing to do is try it and see if it works if not then i shouldnt fix what isnt broken...

I believe the article I saw was about using a uvb only light (no actual visable light spectrum, or you filter out the light with a black cloth and only the uv rays get through) to decrease the dark period in plants. Something about stimulating the floragens faster in the dark period so you can cut the dark period down to 8-10 hours instead of 12. I'll try to find this article and post it soon...

goneindawind said:
Blaco: thank you i will def. try that i want to learn as much as i can bout this.

Umbra: thank you for the great info umbra, i was wondering did the smoke or high by chance have any difference? apperance isnt always a factor.
Also umbra i was wondering did the the glands set on earlier on the buds with the light and did the glands mature quicker as in from milky to amber?
also what strain were u growing?

IMO trying discern different highs from the same weed is hard. Especially once you're already stoned. lmao. I looked with a microscope while it was growing, and I wouldn't say it looked different one way or the other. After I cut it, I put it under a scanning electron microscope and did a side by side of a bud that was next to the uvb, and one that wasn't...they looked the same to me. First crop I did was wonderberry, then I did it with dieselryder. When I did the sour bubbleryder I didn't even bother. Maybe if you're growing swag it makes a difference...but not the dank.

Latest posts

Back