veg light set up, test, what do u think??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bloodred

Reaction score
First run I did 18 hrs with a 6oow mh bulb on a rail system, this time I got two (2) four foot flourescents hung them along side my 600 mh on a rail. I start the day off with 4hrs under the flourescents only, then 2hrs with the 600 on the rail w/flourescesnt, then back to the floursecents (only )for 4hrs and so on for a 18hr cycle, comes out to 6hrs staggered with the 600 and 18 straight with the flourescents. Just started this system and was hoping for some feedback. I'm useing a drip system and re-useing the water, then i change it with fresh water every 7 to 10 days..

might go hermie on you to have that intence MH going on and off!! Not to mention burn out your bulb and ballastr sooner.

Why not just turn them all on for 18 hrs?

#1..those tube flourescents are too far away from the plants to provide any usefull amount of light, if they hang at the same distance as the 600.
#2...you're likely damageing bulb and ballast with those cycles.(not doing the plants any justice either) Set the timer for 18/6 and walk away.
MJ requires 'quality' light, not just light.

Growdude said:
Why not just turn them all on for 18 hrs?

Hey grow dude. I have been lookin into side lighting pretty intensly the last couple of days. Now you need to leave the MH light on for at least 16 hours a day and that is minimum. Now put the tubes on the same light cycle as your MH and move them closer to your plant. That should do you pretty good. Good luck with the Gals.

Stunzeed..:farm:

the plants i'm doing this experiment with where the ones that where throw backs, the rest are in another room flowering, I just want to try some differant things in the veg cycle to see what happens. I've moved the flourescents right dwn to the top of the conopy and thinking of uping the mh 600 to more hrs per day than 6. thanks for all you input.

Latest posts

Back