Ventilation, plant #,Recommendation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dululsch

Lt. Smokey McFade
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a2.5" x 2.5" x 5.5" grow closet 400w HPS sun system X with Super SUn REflector. The closet has an adjacent closet that is about 20 ft long. The room with the grow closet that leads to both closets is about 12 feet by 10 feet and has a window.....How Do I ventilate! Im confused. Do i get an exhaust fan that runs from the reflector to the closet, or to the room? do i just drill holes into the adjacent closet and stick a fan in there? HELP! I didnt anticipate this before hand. I live in the northern states and in an upstairs room so heat isnt the problem just fresh healthy air....i know you guys can help me out!

For a room of that size(2.5x2.5x.5.5) I would say a 4 inch inline fan would do the trick to bring air in. I use a 400 watt hps as well and I just use a Pole fan to push air though the reflector. My room stays at about 78 and its 4x4x6feet. I also have a 250 mh handle going in their. If you didn't want to damage your wall you could go buy a cheap door from home depot. Cut a hole in it and have the fresh air pulled in though that. You could also think about c02 as an idea. Their is not as much need to bring fresh air in if you are adding c02. Plus your temps can go up into the low 90's in rooms that are inriched with c02 without slowing or stressing growth. Hope it all works out for you man. best of luck :bongin:

Hey man i cant thank u enough for your response however i am kinda new and have a few more questions...4 inch inline fan..i have a 4.5 lakewood fan should i carve a hole into the closet and seal the fan in the hole in the door? or? i live close to a grow store should i drill an exhaust output, seal the lakewood there, into the adjacent closet and buy a Co2 tank instead of putting a hole in the door? the door and odor and expense is not a factor.....

C02 would be the way to go I would say. They are kinda spendy to set up but it will be worth it. Faster veggin, fatter flowers, and temps aren't so much of a problem. I have read that plants can do even better in higher temp with proper c02. Ventalation isn't so much of a probelm with c02. I fact to much ventalation can lower the c02 in the room. If you do run c02 would should have any fans you are using a a timer. That way you can have the fans on when the c02 is off. Air is lighter then c02, so the c02 will fall down to the floor quckily. So you should mount it somewhere above you plants.

As for your fans, air intake fans are kinda like pull fans to **** air in and the blow it out. The work really well for bring fresh air in. If you don't use c02, they could do the job for you. Bring fresh air(new c02) into the room. It will not work as well as c02 I wouldn't think. House fans will work to premote stem development, move air around, & lower temps. Their would be no need to cut a hole in the door if using one of these. You could just put it in the room. If you don't want to use a lot of spendy fans you could just open the door to your grow room, its small enough that might work.

As for odor a carbon filter would do the trick 6 pounds should be good. You can find a lot of filters that come with intake fans so they will pull the air in to filter it. Hope that helps
:tokie: oh for some reason it stared out the word s*u*c*k in case you were wondering what the stared out word was. In way way ment to offend anyone.

hey man thanks a lot AGAIN im gonna go c02 should i just get the smallest tank possible since my room is so small? also, if i have c02 in there, do i need a way to push air out?

It all depens on how offen you want to have to fill your tank. Also a 20lb tank weighs about 50lb full. With a room your size I would guess you would need to get refill once a month with a 20lb tank. About the fan pushing air out...as long as the rooms temps dont get over 92 you should be good, and you wont need to pump air into the room.I dont think, but i'm not sure:bongin:

awesome. I went to my local grow store (midwest hydroponics, terrific!) and the growers there said the cracks in the closet door are enough to get fresh air in my room is upstairs and i live in a cold climate so heat is never a problem. ONly problem is the 160$ price tag on the regulator kit that hurts...but illl keep yall updated this is the best grow community online by FAR!!

dululsch said:
awesome. I went to my local grow store (midwest hydroponics, terrific!) and the growers there said the cracks in the closet door are enough to get fresh air in my room is upstairs and i live in a cold climate so heat is never a problem. ONly problem is the 160$ price tag on the regulator kit that hurts...but illl keep yall updated this is the best grow community online by FAR!!

I know what you saying about the regulators. Told you they were a lil spendy. Good luck man.

Latest posts

Back