Ventilation very essential at night?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ifsixwasnin9

Reaction score
Good ventilation essential at night so the trichomes will mature well and/or faster? I have 11x11x7 room and plenty of circulating air during the day but at night I don't have any circulating air. (In the morning the room never feels humid, dry or stuffy.) I notice when temp/humidity are perfect at night a stronger aroma will be in the room in the morning. Plants release toxins around the clock or mostly the day or night?

it cant hurt to vent at night, but i dont think its necessary. the constant supply of c02 required by the plants is needed for photosynthesis. not much photosynthesis going on when the lights go out.

I hate to reply to something for which I don't know the answer. But I personally think its good to at least have the fans come on for 15 minutes every couple hours to refresh the air for them. I definitely turn on my fans for 15minutes just before the lights come on so that I know they have fresh air for when the light hits them. :)

Hushpuppy said:
I hate to reply to something for which I don't know the answer. But I personally think its good to at least have the fans come on for 15 minutes every couple hours to refresh the air for them. I definitely turn on my fans for 15minutes just before the lights come on so that I know they have fresh air for when the light hits them. :)

^^^:yeahthat: my circulation fans run 24/7, my inline fan comes on 15mins before the lights

This year is the first year I am not running my inline fan when the lights go out and I have had zero problems and the smoke has been excellent. I grow in an extra bedroom and have a ceiling fan on all the time in the room. jmo

Humidity rises when the lights go out. I always vent.

my fan goes out when the lights go out and on with the lights I think it works fine that way

jmansweed said:
Humidity rises when the lights go out. I always vent.

This is true for my tent. In late flower I would want it on, I hate mold.

If high humidity I run my fans all the time. I now have it on a controller and only runs when the humidity gets to high.

My oscillating fan is on 24/7 no matter what.

Plants release CO2 during lights out.

my inline fans and circulating fans are on 24/7 and i produce killer smoke. i got people beating my door down everytime I harvest. I never thought to turn them off.

I leave my fans on at all times, on my flowering room, to maintain neg pressure and enable my carbon filter to do it's job.

HomieHogleg

skullcandy said:
my fan goes out when the lights go out and on with the lights I think it works fine that way

:yeahthat::yeahthat:

once i thought to myself "Self, why run my exhaust when lights are out since their primary function was to control temps", a severe bout of Powdery Mildew and i never shut the exhaust off again. oscillating fans and exhaust fans run 24-7 now.

Latest posts

Back