ventilation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keyspy2

Reaction score
In my grow closet I have an intake fan, an outtake fan and two small 6" clip on fans. becuse of the small space in my closet 48x21dx72t I dont think I need an oscillating fan. I have the clip ons pointed at different angles so I think the air just naturally moves through the cabinet. Do I need an oscillating fan? or does my setup sound o.k.

id just use ur 6". make sure on seedlings & small plants they arent blowing directly on em @ full force. ive used these in a diy tent faced @ eachother just 2 make turbulance & worked well. then i remembered in my reef **** i had wave makers (expensive fancy timers). programming these are endless options. just like yours. think about it. man this bub hash gots me eff'd

As long as you are exchaning the air in your garden at least once every 5 minutes via intake and exhaust you should be fine. Other than that you shouldn't need anything other than one small fan in that space. Do you know what the cfm rating is on your exhaust fan?

My exhaust is 170cfm, that is pulling air through a carbon scrubber so I would guess that lowers the cfm's a bit, my intake is just a desk fan that I took apart, and I am guessing its about 20 or so.

keyspy2 said:
My exhaust is 170cfm, that is pulling air through a carbon scrubber so I would guess that lowers the cfm's a bit, my intake is just a desk fan that I took apart, and I am guessing its about 20 or so.

Your grow clost volume is roughly 42 cubic feet, so you have way more than enough power in your exhauwst fan... you probably do not need an intake fan at all unless you need to keep temps down. So you have the carbon scrubber in the grow room, pulling air in and through a tube and out the exhaust fan?
You might want to reverse that so that the fan is pushing air through the carbon scrubber instead of pulling, that is how most of them are designed to work, but I do not know what you are using.

Rotate your plants everyday if you can. Spin them 90 degrees and also reposition them. That way no one gets more or less light or ventilation or titilating massage. JMO.

temp. is why I installed the intake fan, My closet was getting to hot, but I only had a 50 cfm exhaust fan at the time I have't grown anything yet so I will test the temp without the intake fan. The carbon scrubber I got only has a opening at one end, so unless I really don't understand how it works,which is very possible, I don't see another way to install it. Also I just looked on their site and it calls it a carbon filter, not a scrubber so again I could be totally wrong. For what its worth I started the germ. of my seeds today.

keyspy2 said:
temp. is why I installed the intake fan, My closet was getting to hot, but I only had a 50 cfm exhaust fan at the time I have't grown anything yet so I will test the temp without the intake fan. The carbon scrubber I got only has a opening at one end, so unless I really don't understand how it works,which is very possible, I don't see another way to install it. Also I just looked on their site and it calls it a carbon filter, not a scrubber so again I could be totally wrong. For what its worth I started the germ. of my seeds today.

Can you blow a picture of the filter? MO any fan is better than a passive (just a hole in the wall) vent. Don't start inventing dilemas for yourself--you're gonna have some like we all do. You were wondering about stem strength and not having an oscilating fan, now you're re-ventilaing. If your temps are under 80, you should be fine--lower would be better but that works. Work your environment. Peace and luck.

PH if you have a exhaust fan pushing lets say 100 cfm & an intake fan @ 50 cfm you are impeding the exhaust cause ur trying to pull twice the air as the fan ur pushing air in. so air coming in 50 cfm fan is now trying to come in @ 100. fan spinning @ 50cfm is now slowing down the air. im trying 2 make scense but im blown. hope u could follow. so passive would b better.

Doc, you may well be correct. That's why I qualifiyed myself by saying HVAC isn't my deal. Seems to me that he may need more passive. I'm just thinking that any fan will move more air that a passive system, but you're right: it could speed up the intake fan and that would be a drain on the exhaust.

Ok got my ventillation uner control, and now a new problem just happend, put my seeds in the dirt and my MH bulb stopped working!!!! I thought it was the ballast but the HPS bulb works fine. I think the place I ordered it from will replace it, but I have to send it back,and wait on the new one. Will using my HPS light for a while in the seedling stage be a problem?

keyspy2 said:
Ok got my ventillation uner control, and now a new problem just happend, put my seeds in the dirt and my MH bulb stopped working!!!! I thought it was the ballast but the HPS bulb works fine. I think the place I ordered it from will replace it, but I have to send it back,and wait on the new one. Will using my HPS light for a while in the seedling stage be a problem?

Better to use HPS for vegging than MH for flowering. Some growers here use nothing but HPS. MO you're fine.

Latest posts

Back