very bright

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vitaminwater

Reaction score
so i went shopping last night and got about 400 watt's of fluorscent fixture's in my box now. I now have to wear sunglasses to look inside the box :cool:. My eyes would start bleeding if i had to look at this everytime without glasses.

I cant even picture how bright a 1000 watt hps would be.

Yeah,
There you go, lots of light = good production.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Sweet man... I think my eyes are going bad from being around my grow tent... Sometimes i sit and stare at my plants for awhile. Then i can't see when i come outta there lol... everything is real dark... :)

Well i spent about $250 on fluorscent bulbs

lets see here i got :

one 125 watt duel spectrum (half 6500k and the other half 2700k) which puts out 8000 lumens
four 17 watt cabnet 6500k lights each put out about 1000 lumens or so
three 25 watt cabnet 2700k lights each put out about 1200 lumens or so
three 40 watt 2700k cfl each put out about 2700 lumens each

for a grand total of : 23100 lumens

yes i know hps light would be better cheaper but i cant use one for heat and space issues.

my grow box looks like just a regular dresser you would put cloths in except i knocked out the bottoms of the droors its about 5 feet wide and 4 feet high. cut out a hole in back for air. Just have 2 heater fans with the fan setting turned on and my temp is only 72 with 45 humidy. With a hps iam sure it would be like 90 degree's with 20 humidy. Either way i think iam good currently in 3rd week of veg and its already 8" tall. Have 4 plants all together.

well u will be ok if u did not want to were glasses tho with 23,000 just try not to look straight in to the 125 watt one and u should be ok cause i got a copple of the under the cabnet 17 watt lights and i quit useing them cause i did not think they was realy doin nothin at all cause they were very week lookin ,,iv got to ask if u spent 200 dollors why did u not just get u one of them big grow lights ,,i wish i could get a extra 200 right now ,,because i also use all floros execpt for 1 hps for flowering ,,,sounds like u got a pretty good set up so im shure ur plants will love it cant wait to see a grow journal soon on them

HAPPY GROWIN TOM TOM
AND HAPPY NEW YEAR

pretty sure your four plants wont fit in there when flowering comes around. 5ft wide, 4 ft tall, probalby 3 ft deep. Youll probably want to keep theese girls in some small bucktes if you plan on leaving them in ther. For $250 you can get a vented hood hps here> http://cgi.ebay.com/Sunlight-Supply...ryZ42225QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemps. You might want a flowering room. Why did you even think about cfl's, if you can afford hps? The heat issue? I would find a better space cuss thats tiny, good for about one plant during flowering. Youll have to move the other 3 somewhere else, I would find a good ventilated place where you can use hps. thats just what i think is better and everyone will agree.

Well the 125watt lights are very epensive about $75 each then you gotta buy e39 mogul socket which is another $25 plus another $15 shipping. Also i didnt feel like waiting 3 weeks to order lights because of X-mas. I have lost severial packages around this time before from UPS. Also the store i buy light from isnt shipping any orders until jan 2nd.

Might not need glasses but its so anoying looking in and then have blurry/fuzzy vision for 5 minutes

headband said:
pretty sure your four plants wont fit in there when flowering comes around. 5ft wide, 4 ft tall, probalby 3 ft deep. Youll probably want to keep theese girls in some small bucktes if you plan on leaving them in ther. For $250 you can get a vented hood hps here> http://cgi.ebay.com/Sunlight-Supply-1000-w-HPS-MH-Grow-Light-Hydroponics_W0QQitemZ180199945848QQihZ008QQcategoryZ42225QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemps. You might want a flowering room

Iam switching to flowering next week actually. But i cant have another grow box for flowering. So they have to stay in here plus 1-2 will prob be male so that will free up alot of space.

yea, my grow room blinds me too, youll just have to get use to that black vision feeling. You might want to LST the females, when you sex, just since a four foot hight is only about 3 ft since you have your plants sitting in buckets. A 3 ft flowered marijuana plant.. Youll need to keep em in tiny containers so you dont out grow your space, and use lst... I almost ran out of space with 2 plants in a 6,6,6 space. losts of LST.

so idk. I would put them in to flower as soon as you can.

vitaminwater... dont listen to headband (no disrespect intended)... as long as you keep the ladies on the smaller side 4 plants will fit... if it starts to get bunched up in there... tie a few branches out of the way and make it fit... i have a similar cab design and i currently have 4 plants in there now and soon i will have 8 so... its all about how you grow your plants in the space you have... my 2cents

haha 8 plants in a 5x3x4.... wow man how are you going to do that. Im saying a four foot high grow box isn't very tall. especially for four plants.. or 8 haha crazy

i think you should get some better lighting. flowering under veg lights isnt my cup of tea. they sell 110 watt grow fluoros from high tech garden supply. these would be a lot better in your set up. they put off 10,000 lumens. youd probably get descent results with four in there. peace man.

heres the difference in flowering . this is 22 days. with hps.. the plant on the right is the first plant in the second picture (bottom). the plant on the lefft is behind it, i had to move them sideways.

12-01-07_1406.jpg

12-28-07_2002.jpg

Latest posts

Back