.....wait....what?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Iron Lung

Reaction score
hey guys , i've got a question. i'd say ive been smoking about 2 to 5 blunts a day since the summer of 05 and recently ive been findin that my short term... well actually, short and long term memory are greatly effected. i forget simple conversations, doing certain things, and as a lyricist who is constantly writing songs, i try to remember lyrics if i dont have the time or supplies to write em down and the next day or maybe even that night when i try to remember, well lets just say i should rather waste my time rollin a blunt cuz i aint gonna remember. i noticed there to be quite of few adults on here who seem to have been smoking a long time, maybe longer than i've been alive, but have any of you noticed that your memory or even just the way your mind works has been greatly effected by the Chronic? thanx guys lata

Well i have been smoking for over 20 years and i'm as smart as ever. Never have any memory loss or anything. Sorry to here about your problem mang. ;)

I'm in a similair situation and find the same thing! It's kind of scary. But I then think about the student lifestyle I'm living and all the unhealthiness that comes with it. I don't even know where I'm going with this.. but yeah I find the same thing.

I've sometimes noticed similar effects when I'm high for several weeks, particularly my concentration span. My reaction time seems to increase too (or maybe I'm less twitchy when using bud?). Maybe what you need is a good 'cleansing'? It might clear your mind up a little, remind you how your mind works when it's sober. :eek:

when you guys are high do your muscles ever twitch in your legs or somethin when your sittin down? lol mine does sometimes i wonder why tho : /

The Iron Lung said:
hey guys , i've got a question. i'd say ive been smoking about 2 to 5 blunts a day since the summer of 05 and recently ive been findin that my short term... well actually, short and long term memory are greatly effected. i forget simple conversations, doing certain things, and as a lyricist who is constantly writing songs, i try to remember lyrics if i dont have the time or supplies to write em down and the next day or maybe even that night when i try to remember, well lets just say i should rather waste my time rollin a blunt cuz i aint gonna remember. i noticed there to be quite of few adults on here who seem to have been smoking a long time, maybe longer than i've been alive, but have any of you noticed that your memory or even just the way your mind works has been greatly effected by the Chronic? thanx guys lata

hmmmmmmmmm..I can't seem to recall if my memory was better 30 yrs ago or not.
But,... what was the question again?

After many decades of smoking pot, it's still only *part* of my life, not *the* primary part. I've learned and mastered 7 different careers and in just the most recent, several computer languages. I have no problem at all with my memory.

The first thing I would advise you to do is stop smoking those cigars. Lung cancer is no joke. Roll yourself a nice little joint of weed and get high.

Memory is like a lot of other things; you can lose it if you don't use it a lot. Give your mind a work out every day and your memory will improve.

Hehe....now who was asking this?

Hick said:
hmmmmmmmmm..I can't seem to recall if my memory was better 30 yrs ago or not.
But,... what was the question again?
hey hick. thanx for the laugh man lmao that was a good one:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: went great with the wake and bake lol

Sounds like you smoke too much. Five blunts...Jesus I've only ever seen one busted out at a party, for a room full of people to smoke. Personally I find the mix of tobacco and weed to be Satanic. Give your system a break man. I know a guy, an old friend, who used to be called Iron Lung, something to do with being able to clear a 6-footer. Now the guy can barely smoke without coughing his *** off.
And you're a vocalist? Insult removed from this post. No name calling is allowed on this site. Please, no more. Seriously. Get yourself a bubbler or vaporizer, and stop smoking shwagg. Maybe the gravelly, multiple blunts a day tone goes well with your music, but as a fellow musician, think about the long haul. And isn't that chronic-tone voice a bit cliche' anyway? We smoke, and like to think we're different, why make yourself into a stereotype?

i ditto the twitchy thing every once in a while. its usually within the first few minutes of smoke and only when not active. You know, like smokin and then watchin a movie or goint to bed...

speaking of watching a movie...i just watched "Cocaine Cowboys"...and its a sweet *** movie. Pretty crazy stufff has taken place in this county.

I apologize for taking things in the wrong direction. It wasn't much of an insult, anyway, and it wasn't in anger. I said it in completely the wrong way, but the spirit of what I was saying is to take care of yourself. We're on the same side. Sorry I got all pompous.
Where can we hear some of your tunes?

yeah man, my memory isnt that great but it never has been, i find the best way to deal with it is to lay off the smoke for a week or two, which you should do every now and then anyway.. i been thinking about cutting out the cigs recently, just smokin a bowl or a pipe or something, still everyones got the right idea, look after yourself, of course its easier to preach than to do yourself, im no saint myself lol

I would say it depends on you and your mind, just like many other substances.......you can contol it or it can control you, I would say people that are stoned 24/7 will have memory problems.....but people who smoke to relax after a hard day at work or to socialize at a party on the weekend...it wont hurt their memory but those so called burn outs, well I would say that other drugs besides pot had played a role into their brains decay, plus the fact that like mentioned above they didnt use their mond.....to sit around stoned all day is not a good thing....

Ive been smoking MJ for about 5 - 6 years now. Everyday pretty much smoking a few J's a day. Every Lunch break i was out sitting in a field and smoking a nice bit of heaven.

Smoking 5 blunts a day is a bit of an overkill. As said above, ive only seen blunts at parties or if its just me, a special occassion (like pay day or something). but not everyday :p

Go out and do things with your brain :) a bit of math maybe.. just to get the juices going again in the old noggin ;)

Good luck Iron Lung!!

Latest posts

Back