Wanting to buy a Gooood camera for the Trichome

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyinghigh

Grow Pretty Flowers
Reaction score
Ok I am wanting to check out a new camera to take pix of the Trich and wanted to know which camera is the best and NOT a Arm & Leggs in cost..
Any Suggestion

I need a nice camera too. I spent $200 on the one i have now and i cant seem to get any good close-up pictures.

i use a sony cybershot. im sure it has much more potential than i am givin it but there are macro's(close-ups) wide angle and regular pics ive takin with it in the link below. im sure you could do much better with it if your a skilled photographer as i dont have much experience. it was about 250 a year ago.

I got my canon s5 a few months back and i love how it takes shots.

lyfr said:
i use a sony cybershot. im sure it has much more potential than i am givin it but there are macro's(close-ups) wide angle and regular pics ive takin with it in the link below. im sure you could do much better with it if your a skilled photographer as i dont have much experience. it was about 250 a year ago.

I checked out ur thread I see some lots of Good Pix but None of the Trichome !
That what I am looking for is a good camera so I can take a pix to see the amber of the trich instead of the Pocket Microscope to see and that ok but I looking for something better then that..
Like to see it on the computer...

Dubbaman said:
I got my canon s5 a few months back and i love how it takes shots.

Can u take any Pix of the Trichome with that camera to see the amber ??
This be a better way to see the trichome, Take Pix and down load and see what the Trichome like..

I was a photography major in school. If you're wanting to be able to see the trichs color and look clearly I'd get at least a 6.1 mgpxl camera; and a macro option is a necessity.

Edit:
I would recommend the Casio Exilim EX-Z1050.

it's available here for $179.68
hXXp://www.techtoysforless.com/casio-exilim-exz1080-101mp-digital-camera-grey-p-633.html

Edit2:
Thought about how small trichs are and I'm afraid you might not be able to really get a good shot of them without braking the bank. To take a picture of something that small clearly would require a camera with the ability to attach close-up lenses. There compact cameras that do that but I don't know of any that won't cost a lot. I'll look around for one though.

Flyinghigh said:
Can u take any Pix of the Trichome with that camera to see the amber ??
This be a better way to see the trichome, Take Pix and down load and see what the Trichome like..

No your not going to see the color of trichs wiht a cam unless you get a full blown SLR and then your still going to have to shell out for a better than 8MP(mega pixil) cam and then a really great lense (30x macro or better) to get in on the tight shots for trich color. the best way to see the color on trichs is to use a microscope the ones at radio shack are 30x-100x and are perfect for this. to see how plant and trich shots come out with the one i have check out the thread link in my signture about the satori many shots there i used the s5 for.

Ic it was a cam u r taking those pix with.. well I got one of those pocket scope but I still some what a problem seeing the amber Triches with it but I still learnning as I grow..
I was looking for a better way o see them!!!

Dubbaman said:
No your not going to see the color of trichs wiht a cam unless you get a full blown SLR and then your still going to have to shell out for a better than 8MP(mega pixil) cam and then a really great lense (30x macro or better) to get in on the tight shots for trich color. the best way to see the color on trichs is to use a microscope the ones at radio shack are 30x-100x and are perfect for this. to see how plant and trich shots come out with the one i have check out the thread link in my signture about the satori many shots there i used the s5 for.

Thanks I will look around and see what I can find and that site is a good start on what I am going to look for or maybe a higher mp..

Latest posts

Back